1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twins Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by ghetto customs, Sep 25, 2019.

1. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Exactly!
    That's reality
    Not sure why the labels and the shitty attitudes about dudes wanting to race.

Gino230 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I truly don't think it's a shitty attitude on anyones part. You have to look at why you got upset at it being called club racing as part of the overall issue too. I've never thought that to be an insulting term but I am way biased on that one :D

Edited to add - by anyone I mean sane people not the true idiots or trolls.

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Call it what you will. It’s the most entertaining, biggest grid, most talked about (here anyway), than any other class, in any other organization.

Pro, pro/am, club race, call it what you will. But most of you calling it anything, has never, will never, or hasn’t in forever raced.

Gino230 and track wagon like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was at a race last weekend and going to another leaving tomorrow, how about you?

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Fixed it for you....

t11ravis likes this.
  6. 418

418 Expert #59

If there is one thing that hasn't changed over the years is LWT racers bitching then about getting no respect. Then and now. Damn you MotoAmerica :D

7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Here for the hobbyist jabs.

8. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Let the haters hate Chris. Twins has some of the best racing on the card. Was good last year and the fields filled up this year and was an even better show. If I were MA, I'd go to 3 day events and have all classes race twice. Junior Cup, Twins, Superstock 600 and then morph 1000ss and SBK into one set of rules somewhere in the middle.
    Congrats on another good season and get after them next year.

9. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Only races I watched on Motoamerica live were the twins races except for the last SB race for the championship.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah cuz you've raced against those other club racers :Poke:

Ya know, the trolling really can be fun sometimes.... :crackup:

JJJerry and Phl218 like this.
  11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I propose that all Twins cup season participants henceforth be referred to as ProClub racers, to differentiate them from lowly regular club racers.

Gino230, badmoon692008, Chris and 2 others like this.
  12. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

I appreciate the edit
    The trolls will always have their fun regardless, yet jealous...

MA is professional, acts professional and treat us professionally. Labels us as privateers, up and coming. Not pretenders or club guys...

sbk1198 likes this.
  13. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Maybe last year when there were barely any people at some of the rounds, one might say it's a club race, but this year the Twins class had some of the most entertaining racing in MA! Sure the class has a lot of older club racers on a budget, but there's also up-and-coming fast kids that are looking to move up (like Dumas, Draik, etc.). It was a good mix this year, and even so, what's wrong with having older guys on a budget on the grid? If they're fast enough to qualify and race, let them do it. The only complaint/suggestion I have is to maybe raise the bar on qualifying. The bottom guys are way too slow compared to the leaders and are getting lapped way to quick. Not sure if they do a 110% rule for qualifying or whatever it may be, but perhaps it should be changed to 107% or something like that. There shouldn't be a difference of like 15 seconds per lap between the top guy and the bottom guy in a pro race.

backbone, rk97 and r6boater like this.
  14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Naah naah na naah!!! You are a club racer!!!!:Poke:

15. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Not at the Cup race. How easily you forget. We used to be boys too. :)

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  16. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Where did the term club racer even come from? I mean, is Wera or CCS a club? One you join? This whole argument about who is a club racer or a pro racer has never made sense to me. When Josh Hayes and Kevin Schwantz races a Wera endurance race, were they then club racers? Or simply racers? The answer seems pretty obvious to me.

Pro vs privateer I can follow.

SmokeSignalRT and sbk1198 like this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am beginning to take offense at the negativity with which you say club guys :(

stk0308 and JBall like this.
  19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I had a similar thought.

110% for q1
    If you don’t make it you don’t race.
    Then to thin the heard a we bit more, make q2, 108%. That would thin the heard, but really make everyone push harder on q1

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I see great entertaining racing every weekend :D