1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twins Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by ghetto customs, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

That's the problem with math. It doesn't always add up. :D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damnit man! :crackup:

You sure the dealership doesn't need an RV?

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

You pay for cable tv?
    If so, do you watch it or have you cancelled it because of commercials?
    Same with your local to you channels? Do you watch or not, being that it ya commercials?
    Do you watch motogp on tv?

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Maybe. We have two campers right now. I can't imagine the bath those people took on trading in for a vehicle.

5. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

No I don't pay for cable and I watch MotoGP and WSBK on BeIn via sling TV. No commercials. If the MotoGP pass interrupted the race for commercials would you pay for it?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, no way I'd be able to go with the NADA pricing from their site if they don't add in all the extras that don't fit in the checkboxes like multiple AC units and the 12.5kw genset versus their limit of 10kw and so on. If I do add it up then it's actually pretty close to the payoff which would work. Couldn't get any RV dealers to do that tho.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Didn't you have a couple 4 wheelers setting there that hadn't run in a while ? Throw those in the deal. :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Soon as I have a chance to go through it the bosses will be for sale, might even sell the Buell too. The QUV/Mule is for sale as is the Zuma sort of - can't find my file for it to find the MSO and haven't had time yet to hit up the girls at the tag office to see if I can get a title somehow, if I can then it's sold already.

9. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t affect me. Commercials so long as they are limited to 30 seconds, and come back if something big happens, I’m good.

10. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I want the Zuma

11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

We already have a hard 110% cutoff, and the lap record has been broken by close to 2 seconds at the last 2 rounds, so that bar has raised significantly.

What you suggest about separate cutoffs for Q1 and Q2 is fine on a weekend like Barber where we have 2 practice sessions, but what about Laguna where we had one 20 minute practice in the fog? Most rounds we only get one practice to figure out gearing, suspension, etc., hopefully you don't have a mechanical or run off the track.

Supersport has a 108% cutoff and they still have lappers. Tracks like Road Atlanta where everyone bottlenecks into the top of the esses at the start is going to spread the field out quite a bit, and cause the last group to get lapped.

Back to @ghetto customs point- I don't care what label the keyboard warriors want to put on it, it's the highest level of competition we have available to us in the US. Looking at the lap times, I don't think there's anyone who will argue that. The top 5 from Sunday turned times faster than half the supersport grid... the racing is real. I have learned a lot by being forced to go fast as soon as I hit the start button. My preparation is better, mentally and mechanically, because I know we need to put our best effort forward in the first session.

I learned another important lesson after Q2, my weekend was almost ended early- I was comfortable with my 1:39 from Q1, and I was already faster than 4 or 5 of the guys. So I was not pushing as hard as I could in Q2. I was working up to my faster times towards the end of the session when the red flag came out early. Everyone else stepped it up, and I ended up missing out on about a second in lap time that I felt I had left in the tank..... That second was worth 7 positions on the grid, which almost ended my weekend because it put me at the tail end of the FIM 36 bike rule (which they haven't enforced since Road Atlanta). So even though I was 1.5 sec under the cutoff, I was still dead last and on pins and needles about being sent home.

As to who "belongs" there or who meets the BBS / Social Media standard of who "should" be racing MotoAmerica, fortunately for me, I don't give a shit what anyone thinks. If I qualify I will line up! To all the haters, all I can say is, you are missing out on one hell of a good time.

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yeah - so do I. :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Bug me next week and I'll go talk to the tag ladies. I'm a little pissed the file has disappeared but it's gone.

14. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I'm the same... I don't pay for cable, my local channels are free over the air so I have no problem with commercials. I pay for Netflix, MotoGP videopass, and MotoA Live+... You don't get to double dip on me... If I'm paying to watch I expect no commercials... If you want to let me watch for free I have no issues with commercials. ESPECIALLY if you're going to interrupt the freaking race for commercials.

pscook likes this.
  15. Kind of like when your wife asks you "how much did you pay for that", I have to do quick math because different products have different discounts or premiums. If it is something the wife wanted like some stupid shit for outside the house its at least 50% markup, if its something for the boat 50% reduction. It all adds up, in my brain but eventually the real math comes out on the bank statement :) Good thing is by that time you are begging for forgiveness, like when she noticed a rather large sum of $ recently gone for a check written to a contractor. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am getting the shop put in you said I could "do what ever I wanted" with the new house that YOU wanted. Math is a funny thing at times.

16. That is where you need to have a detailed plan for every session and make every second count. That plan is vital to success and as you learned couldve been bad but in your case worked out. A lot of riders will put in a decent lap right before they come in from either their first or 2nd time out in the session for safety. Then the final time out for their actual real flying lap. A lot of variables, especially if making big set up changes, bike issues, etc but that plan is very important and where a lot of good crew chiefs show how important they are in the process.

MELK-MAN and r6boater like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

same situation here. my wife like to say, "darkness always turns to light."

By that time I already have what I needed, but I just got to watch out for the not so equal but opposite purchase

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Agree. I have made big progress on getting up to speed quickly, but still my fastest laps are towards the end of the session.

90% of the time, I stay out the entire session turning lap after lap, slowly improving with each one. At Road America, I came in during the wet Q session, Talked it over with the crew chief, let the tires cool down a bit (rains), then went back out and dropped a second and a half.

I keep saying I need to come in for a second and think it through, then go back out and make the changes (to my riding). But that requires having someone other than your wife on pit lane with a stand to talk to!

19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

@ghetto customs who are the haters you speak of? Maybe I'm out of the loop or didn't see a certain thread on here or FB but the general consensus I get from pretty much the entire motorcycle community who is interested in road racing is that they like the class and agree it is entertaining and competitive. I have put the races on in the garage during several gatherings at my house with people who don't know shit about motorcycle racing and they got right into it. They ask questions and show interest.

Anyone who is generating supposed hate on social media towards the class is either being sarcastic, trolling or not a true fan of the sport. Or maybe they are jealous deep down inside that they can't be out there. Who knows. Fuck I'm jealous I can't be out there myself but I have more important priorities in my life right now. But instead of bashing something I wish I was doing I support it whole heatedly. When I was chasing my petty championships 2013-2016 time-frame if the class would have existed I probably would have did MA instead. Timing wasn't right. Oh well. I have 3 year old twins now and moving from the 708 to the 219.

Picture is worth reposting. I like the camel toe on the black chick. Nice tits too.

[​IMG]

MELK-MAN, 5axis and Phl218 like this.
  20. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

I tried so hard to get you up to speed years ago :rock:. Even kept my little dinger bone stock.

Gino230 and MELK-MAN like this.