Thanks to the one that made it all possible...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Gorilla George, Sep 16, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We are simply a failed experiment of a superior race waiting to be incinerated with the rest of the trash.

2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Lol,. My post is about this thread , not there....

What they say on that podium is their business, not mine... Imo

Just like in here.

I was just making an observation.

But having said that, you don't see them on that podium absolutely telling everybody out in the crowd they have to believe either,. Not arguing about the validity of it, they're just giving you a quick shout-out to what they believed.

jd41 likes this.
  3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Also worth pointing out that the Jesuits often have rocked the boat within the Vatican by being scientifically minded in their approach to seeking understanding in their faith. So not only are there religious scientists, there are scientific priests.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Only if you believe that whole speed of light theory... :moon:

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That would require Faith in Man. But it's a metric to which we're all accustomed.
    “Warp 9, Scotty. I wanna see it before it happens.”

6. Fuck if I know. I don't even know what you are going on about. I don't give a shit what some ancient tribal people did.

7. Chino52405

That was exactly my point. You look up at the sky you see history. The further away you observe, the further into history you are viewing - from your real-time position here on Earth.
    Measuring the speed of light requires faith in man? o_O

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

What if in the time span of the universe we still are the ancient tribal people?

9. Venom51

Sure it does. Who created the measurement system?

10. If we could go faster than the speed of light, we could look backwards and see ourselves. :D

11. jesus

:crackup:

Chino52405 likes this.
  12. Venom51

So we are all Spanish? :D

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I don't understand why you asked about historical views of the stars while referencing real-time.

Faith in Man? Yup. If science and religion can be tossed into the same bin, I have to have Faith in Man to believe the Bible, same as if I were to believe Global Warming.

14. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Well, ignorance is always afraid of change.

15. That's rich, especially in this thread.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I had a burrito for breakfast so sure :D

17. Chino52405

Does that measurement system produce consistent results? Have our advances in imaging technology across all spectrums of light and radiation continually supported the measurement of light's behavior Ina vacuum?

The number of technologies and measurement systems you have to ignore to even ask these questions is quite massive.

18. Chino52405

Because we can "see" the moments almost immediately after the big bang 13 billion years later using this methodology.

No faith, just scientific instruments and measurement that is peer reviewed and tested daily.

19. Venom51

All based on measurement systems we created. Everything works right if you assume the base measurement system you created functions as designed. Who says we got it right? We got it right or at least were able to mold it to suit our purposes. It is possible our understanding of things is one giant misunderstanding.

20. Chino52405

Do you expect your engine to blow up at any moment because our understanding of thermal dynamics is only based upon measurements we created? Does our use of radio waves scare you as some crazy measurement we may have gotten all wrong?

jd41 likes this.