1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Bombshell....

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Sep 12, 2019.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Damn that blows

stk0308 likes this.
  2. With the long straight better run an Fz or there will be some hand gesturing :)

3. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

I dunno, how about maybe let MA worry about the business model and just enjoy some racing?

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

And plenty of time to do so...:crackup:

BigBird and r6boater like this.
  5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

And while they’re all giving each other the business, Team Hammer will be sitting in the winner’s circle on that slow ass, clapped out SV.:crackup:

renegade17 likes this.
  6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Is it confirmed NJMP is off the schedule for 2020?

7. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Don't forget dinner reservations at St. Elmos!

8. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

What color is the tricycle you'll be riding ? Will they limit you to one cigar because of your age ?

9. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Call Rapid Racing ... they will have the scoop

10. sixpeedshft

sixpeedshft New Member

Sarah Fisher has a go kart track just outside of turn one. It is close to daredevil brewery and other eating and drinking establishments on Main Street in speedway.

11. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

There is a brand new 1/4 mile dirt track in the infield at Indy.

12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

My step bro was just at IMS for the BC39 midget race on the new dirt track. The president of IMS said that the turn three dirt track in now permanent.

ducnut likes this.
  13. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I think SDK’s dad will have his credentials back by then so we might see some action...

Suzuka_joe and roy826ex like this.
  14. Nah. He will get busted trying to sneak in in drag and be permanently banned :)

15. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

So the rumor with NJMP... where does that leave people speculating about the track’s future? It needs a repave, the town pushed back and (so far) isn’t going to extend its tax abatement (which they claim they need). Just seems to be the place has been in a bit of a free fall the last few years with changes in management, etc.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

How does a town collect taxes from a State owned property? Collecting on the business end of it, I suppose? Seems like entitlement.
    They'll be entitled to shit if no one wants to go to NJMP any more...not to mention the “disappeared” wealth spread around town by visitors.
    Millville is, literally, half a shithole. Do they think they'll be happy going back to being a complete shithole?
    Frickin' double-wide mentality. :rolleyes:

Gino230 likes this.
  17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Only half of Millville is a shithole? Guess I haven’t found the good half:p

Bruce likes this.
  18. Hoffman900

https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com...cle_f1b08a64-4acd-560a-a824-fc5fb585b80a.html

And leading up to it with more information:
    https://www.thedailyjournal.com/sto...wants-30-year-tax-break-millville/2215942001/

The track is looking to repave Thunderbolt for the next season.

The latest is the town is waiting for the track to reschedule the hearing and getting nothing in return.

That said, Millville really has no economy to speak of and they would be cutting off their nose to spite their face if they let it slip away.

Gino230 likes this.
  19. Hoffman900

The couple neighborhoods east of RT. 55 along 49, but that’s about it.

20. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Town of Millville is a shithole for sure, but what's puzzling is the lack of professional events at NJMP. Other than the track surface the last couple years, the facility is nice and certainly at a level to host an Indy Car, American LeMans or Rolex series roadrace. It also is located relatively close to huge population centers.
    Now with the apparent loss of Motoamerica, it's basically a trackday site with a couple CCS races a year. If I'm not mistaken, the track threw the trackday orgs out and is running them inhouse these days.
    Obviously management is suspect at this point.