1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Bombshell....

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

They lost Grand Am and ARCA (which is minor leagues). MotoAmerica is the last event that actually draws spectators.

Even the racing (car) clubs don’t draw big there... a lot of that is poor scheduling on the club side, but who knows. SCCA barely breaks 120 cars there, same with the vintage cars.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

They also lost Trans Am a few years ago, even though that series is a skeleton of it's former self.
    The question is why none of these series want to run at a nice facilty with millions of people within an easy daytrip?
    Bad management? I would say lack of lodging, but Vineland is close by and even Atlantic City is only an hour away. Hell, I'm from Central PA and it only took me 2 hours to get home last Sunday.
    I've been around race tracks my whole life and NJMP is certainly as nice as Watkins Glen that hosts Nascar events every year.

BigBird likes this.
  3. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Sonoma is out, Jersey is staying

TwiztedRabbit, Gino230, JBarx and 4 others like this.
  4. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Wow, only two west coast rounds then?

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

2 weeks ago was my first time back at NJMP in a year,and it was nothing but frustrating..............speakers dropping so couldn't hear calls,power boxes failing and their fuel pumps cut out on me twice when trying to fuel up. 1st world problems..........whoa is me:D

6. Spang308

Did notice the speakers were MIA last weekend.

7. Spang308

Thanks Kyle. We stopped by your pit Sunday. You weren't around, but your crew was super accommodating. image000000_38.jpg

evakat, Gino230 and KWyman133 like this.
  8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Interesting. Strictly from an enjoyment standpoint, do you, or the other riders have a preference between the two?

9. eggfooyoung

Well you certainly married up! :Poke:

dieterly and ducnut like this.
  10. Spang308

I like to refer to it as outpunting my coverage, but she's a keeper for sure.

Gino230 and ducnut like this.
  11. eggfooyoung

Same boat brother! :crackup:

Gino230 and Spang308 like this.
  12. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Love it, sorry I missed you!!

I think I'm biased, but Sonoma has always been my least favorite track, turn 11 is clapped out and there's grass growing through seams in every corner. The place needs a repave far more desperately than Jersey, though Jersey is due as well.

Without Utah as well, I think 2020 is probably the best schedule we've ever had (at least in my history, my first pro season was 2009). Utah is simply a ghost town every year and there's not a good way to fix that, from a spectator standpoint.

I got to ride The Ridge back in August, such a cool place and good people who are willing to make whatever changes needed to accommodate us. Indianapolis I've been rallying for for awhile, since I raced there from 2011-2015 with all the XR1200 series stuff, and I'm pumped they reached an agreement with the track. From what I understand, Indy was willing to help a lot to make it happen and bring MA into town.

Chino52405, evakat, Gino230 and 12 others like this.
  13. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

There are some times I'd rather not know what some of you look like :D

Scooter_428 and Gino230 like this.
  14. Kyle hurts feelings at Jersey.

15. eggfooyoung

Duh! Yeah I forgot that was his home track.

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the inside input :clap: Keep it coming.

ducnut likes this.
  17. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Jersey will be on the schedule

18. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

They aren’t, stay tuned

19. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

No it’s total bullshit

20. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

It would be really cool if they had MA and another event there that weekend. The motorcycles on Meridian draws a big crowd.

ducnut likes this.