1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooo does that mean you're not donating again?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Handicapped Racer, Aug 8, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Maybe you weren’t smart :Poke:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I didn't think so. Still don't. I however took tests really well and that is how the schools measured it. I read a lot which led other students to think so. I did and do think intelligence is impossible to truly quantify.

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The only greedy people I have ever met are the ones wanting others to pay for their shit.

G 97 and R Acree like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hmmm, I do want other people to do that but I don't expect and wouldn't even think to ask anyone to do so. Guess I'm not so good at it :D

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Are you wearing a Superman cape right now? You seem to feel pretty good about yourself. "wish you could be half the man I am" is a pretty douchetastic thing to say though...

But I am just curious. If you are so smart why are you on here arguing with all of us dumb people? They say to never argue with an idiot because at that point it is difficult to tell who the idiot is.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some days I'm glad his parents have broadband for him :D

crashman likes this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Fucking harsh! :crackup:

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You are already half the man you think you are.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No cape, but I am wearing my underwear outside my pants. I couldn’t think of anything else to say to summarize what was going on.

I find myself asking the same thing. What’s hilarious is I argue with liberal idiots in the same way. It’s so goddamned frustrating to see how people get trapped into these boxes and either can’t won’t entertain any ideas outside of them. I can’t imagine being stagnant like that.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You don’t know anything about me other than the shit we argue about on here. And this is totally unrealistic because we don’t actually have to come to any sort of conclusion or compromise. There’s no solution, there’s no winner. We just stand on opposite banks and shout at each other.

11. pickled egg

Oh, but you know so much about all the rest of us that you feel it proper to say we’re half the man you are?

Get your meds checked. Fer serial.

R Acree and brex like this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hey, at least I can pay and did pay my student loans off in two years with out crying like a little bitch about it and wanting a bailout because my own misguided expectations came up short.
    Not my fault. :D

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Come down to Iowa and say this. :Poke::D

14. pickled egg

Gonna make me squeal like a pig, Toofless? :Poke:

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fair enough...you are half the pixels you think you are.

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Honest question, when you are discussing these issues; do you believe that the other person may have some beneficial information and understand they may known something that you do not? This is key to having a meaningful conversation with another person, there is always a possibility that you may learn something no matter how smart you think you are on the subject. What did you learned in these conversations from yesterday?

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Depends on their approach. When someone replies with “fuck you, you crazy communist:crackup:” (paraphrased) then no. If someone provides some true insight, then it becomes a discussion and leads to learning because I can go research it.

But honestly, especially in this disaster, the only thing I’ve picked up is what I’ve found researching my own position. Nobody has presented a realistic, fact based argument or a workable solution. Only a couple people have even tried.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Put down the bottle. I was responding to one person’s personal attack

19. pickled egg

Horseshit.

I offered a solution that was realistic, fact based and downright brilliant.

If you were half the man I am you’d have thought of it yourself. :moon:

20. pickled egg

Maybe you should pick up the bottle...