1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 10 | Brno | Czech Republic | Aug 2-4

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mamola was the what? Great, yeah but so far from Goat contention it ain't funny.

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'm late to the party on MM being the GOAT. He certainly is, at least for this decade. Give him another decade of similar performance and he will qualify for the "all time" too.
    Quattaro is certainly impressive, a couple of more laps and he would've been ahead of Rossi.

3. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Yeah sure, especially since he has had 1 proper dry podium in his MotoGP career and Dovi has only finished second in championshipthe past 2 years...

Phl218 likes this.
  4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

When did "Greatest of All Time" become limited to a decade? Seems to me like the "All Time" part is pretty self explanatory.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Internet rumor Dovi and Ducati getting a divorce. :Pop:

6. dieterly

Not until next year when Dovi retires.

BigBird likes this.
  7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Yea, we all strive to be second best

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I love a good Motogp thread. More stupid than the dungeon.

There is nothing wrong with second when you are getting beat by a guy like Marc. That guy ain't human. Putting someone else on Dovi's bike will not change that. Putting anyone else on that bike would likely be a step backward.
    Now if we could only bring back the 2 strokes...

ShadowBoxer, BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Petrux got a contract during or just prior to Assen

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Dovi said post-race that he was following Marc and when he checked out, he had nothing for him. "the way he rides, you can't catch him"
    in the 1:1 interview Dovi assessed Marc's advantage in the race based on the late braking which led to a distinct advantage over all laps, which dovi was not able to hold constantly.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

BigBird likes this.
  12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Was anyone surprised?

It didn't help he started on the wettest side of the track. It only made the inevitable happen quicker....

13. dieterly

Against MM that’s like being first.

masshole and Phl218 like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When everyone was racing 500s, somebody was going to win on a 500. Every year.
    I was actually thinking of his role on Narcos, but yeah, same guy.

Slider82, BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

That's just crazy talk.

418 and Phl218 like this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

google translate:

(Motorsport-Total.com) - Ducati works driver Andrea Dovizioso has to wait for the second win of the season.

At the Grand Prix in Brno, the Italian at least returned to the podium and finished second. Most recently, Dovizioso was on the podium at the home game in Mugello. This was followed by the non-culpable loss in Barcelona and the weak races in Assen and Sachsenring.

In Brno, the vice-world champion had no real chance to repeat last year's victory. World Champion Marc Marquez was too strong. "It was a strange race. At the beginning the pace was very high. We pushed very hard. We drove perfect. We drove identical lines and very gentle. At half-time of the race he pushed a bit more while braking. I could not brake harder, "regrets the Dovizioso.

"The rear tire degraded in all strong. The rear end was on everyone's limit. I'm happy to be on the podium again. That was very important. I wanted to stay within striking distance of Marc until the end, but his style has changed compared to last year. That causes us problems, "notes the World Cup Second.

Andrea Dovizioso in the World Cup miles away
    The gap in the World Cup has grown to 63 points. "With a look at the championship, you can see that Marc has taken only first and second places. That's the reality. He and Honda are a bit stronger and the result is that they get everyone else in trouble. Not just us, "explains Dovizioso.

Marquez has rarely been under pressure lately. "He can sit down and control his pace. He can afford that in contrast to the others. That changed the race and the handling of the tires ", analyzes Dovizioso. "When you're faster, you have more freedom. He has now adapted this strategy and it is going well for him. "

Dovizioso finds it hard to judge his championship rival: "It's very difficult. You never know how strong the bike is and how strong Marc is. He can always do something special. One can not judge the details correctly. In the race, I realized that he pushed hard while braking and accepted risks. He did well and was very aggressive at the corner entry. "

Will the second win of the season succeed in Austria?
    "He is fast in all conditions," Dovizioso knows and sees little chance of turning the tables in the World Cup. "We have tests and races ahead of us. We have to stay calm and get the best possible results. "

After the assembly test in Brno we continue to Spielberg. So far Ducati is unbeaten in Spielberg. "It's a Ducati track, but last year it came before me in the finish. It will not be easy, even if it is a very good track for us, "Dovizioso looks back at the eleventh race of the season.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

he played that role pretty well.

BigBird likes this.
  18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Rossi : Gibernau

Marquez : Dovi

BHP41, The Great One, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  19. NemesisR6

Will also be interesting to see if Marquez TRULY puts a stamp on this championship by ending Ducati's perfect streak at the Red Bull Ring next weekend.......

20. NemesisR6

Was real close with this one.....

Quicktoy likes this.