1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes but given your, cough cough, size dynamic and the time period I think your situation was different. Things are different today with sports and parents.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Luckily parents never showed up, after school league.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I love that bit!

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

6. auminer

Or maybe turn off the guy's phone when he's legally recording you and you go back to huddle with your fellow jackboots and see what bullshitass charges you can come up with to intimidate these punkass law abiding citizens with...

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh look, yet another example of The police providing and protecting the rights of the citizens. LOL.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes, it shows the exterior and he pulls himself on to the running board but still gets punted off at a pretty good speed before the guy gets to the highway.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, it wasn't the best move, adrenaline makes people do dumb things :D

XFBO likes this.
  11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Lotsa EDP's out there looking to suicide by cop, unfortunately, instead of Liberal politicians almost always taking an opposing position towards the police, they oughta be seeking to increase funding to mental asylums or wards at hospitals/jails/wherever.....instead of IGNORING the problem.

I said it yrs ago, their non-stop attacking police is going to lead to more/unnecessary police deaths by simply making some too nervous to use deadly force.

12. auminer

Hate to say it, but that dude's time was up WAY before shots were fired. :(

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why don’t more depts use beanbags?

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That was fucking amazing to watch.

Don't get me wrong - I think the guy walking down a highway open carrying is a moron in his own right, but that video is pure fucking gold. Will be really curious to see how that all pans out for the criminals (officers) involved.

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

FYI, it was Ronald Reagan who drastically cut funding for mental illness in the US.

That being said, those officers displayed amazing restraint and without less lethal (did they not have tazers?) methods available to them, it seems they did everything reasonable to keep that dude alive.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

At least one of the other officers did indeed have tazer and was about to deploy when the SHOT UP DUDE went on an all-out sprint towards the first LEO.

Why the caps you might wonder?
    That video should do a fine job on all the people that always ask, couldn't they just shoot him with tazer, bean bag, OC, or do some ninjaka moves on an ARMED person???

Would you want to be the officer stabbed in the neck while trying to deploy the tazer on him??? Probably not huh?
    Apparently, neither did either one of them, at first, hence the backtracking an entire block before not having any further choice. I ask that question to show you that if LEAD penetrating his body didn't slow him down, I suspect the tazer might have been an issue too.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    10-15 likes this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Because a taser is supposed to shut down the nervous system regardless of what the bad guy is on. Do they always work? No, but clearly neither do bullets.

If you want a job where you’re unlikely to have to face a crazy guy with a knife and maybe get cut, Best Buy is hiring.

18. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yeah this is a great example of many things, one of them being shoot until the threat is over. The bad guy was hit 7 times and still launched an attack.

Another thing this demonstrates is with all the FTP bullshit, cops are scared to fire their weapon and it puts them in danger. Holy cow, I can't believe that the officer did not put him down the second he jumped back up. When he fired the second time, his partner was about to get stabbed and he had to shoot around his partner jeebus H C that should not have happened but when you're too scared to defend your own life this is the result.

XFBO likes this.
  19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

No openings at your place huh?

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Maybe he really didn’t want to have to kill somebody?