1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2019 Stanley Cup thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Apr 8, 2019.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Neither. Passed it on to my son.

And I believe it Good Night Irene now. Game 7 Baby!

Ducti89 likes this.
  2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Ugh. Game 7.

Binnington must control rebounds.

Blues must maintain forecheck pressure like game 6 andsimplify point plays to their points for shots. And for God’s sake, stay away from the Boston powerplay.

For Boston, Marchand doesnt get stupid penalties. Binnington is the Blues weakness, simple shots. Rask is their MVP, keep the crease and sight lines clear for him and they win.

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I'm exhausted from this one...on to Beantown for the finale.
    Friggin' hockey. Cheers. :beer:

Killswitch likes this.
  4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Nothing like a good father/son lesson in sportsmanship after Schenn put Nordstrom into the glass.
    upload_2019-6-10_9-11-23.png

5. Sabre699

Saw that and thought how nice it was of Dad to teach the boy how to be a little bitch.

6. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

The kid may have seen Hully doing that in during the Blues last home game. Either way, not a good look. Hull was HAMMERED pregame. :crackup:

Hard fought game Bruins had the better forecheck tonight which is all about discipline and hustle. Seems to be the theme of the series whoever stays more disciplined and has the better forecheck that night prevails.

Thought the Blues showed their asses a little at the end. Couple cheap penalties and their fans booing them. Unfortunate to see.

Loved Chara dumping in the empty netter.

If you guys are listening already find the spittin' chicklets podcast. Solid podcast but definitely R rated.

Game 7 in Bean town, the place will be an absolute gong show!

cpettit likes this.
  7. Ducti89

Yeah, Hull was pickled at the beginning!

8. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Check out the ticket prices- holy Fuck!

9. casjoker

One of my biggest gripes about pro-sports these days, an average guy can't afford to attend most events, especially playoffs.

10. Sabre699

Yup... that sux but gathering with friends in front of a big screen with all the BBQ and beer to watch said events is it's own form of personal entertainment. Tailgaiting does not necessarily have to be in the parking lot of a hosting venue. Shit...no arrests or fistfights (hopefully) at the get-togethers we go to. :beer:

Fuck...I'm already having withdrawal synptoms thinking that tomorrow is the final NHL game of the season. :(

Meanwhile @Mongo is doing cartwheels (figuratively of course).

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I thought the Blues were going to skate the Cup Sunday night but now I don't think they have a chance in hell. Oh well, one more hockey game (until the KHL starts up:D)

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. Ducti89

Yeah I just signed up for the Hockey Network. Im interested in watching some KHL games.

13. casjoker

Agreed good times having watch parties at various venues. However, nothing like watching an NHL game in person. That KHL league ain't no joke they have more than a few players that can straight up play. Spittin' chiclets guys have some great stories about playing in the KHL. Sounds like it is a microcosm of mother Russia.

I am so fired up and nervous for game 7.

14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Huge first period for the Blues. Hopefully they can keep the pressure on in the second period.

15. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Lots of O Zone time for the blues but not many shots...The Boston Whineycubs still down by 2 to the St. Louis Drum Majors after 2!!

16. Ducti89

Binnington a big leg save and now, Blues have 3 unanswered goals.

17. fastedyamaha

Yeah I think I hear a certain female getting ready to go!

18. Ducti89

I think the KHL maybe better than the NHL. I just started playing ice again after 22 years off of it

Our first game was on an NHL size rink.

Then we played on the Olympic rink. Holy shit, thank God i can still make good passes. The only downside is i have to use a stamp every time i do.

19. fastedyamaha

I’ve got a good pair of skates with TI skate blades I’ll see ya real cheap :beer:

Ducti89 likes this.
  20. fastedyamaha

There’s one high school in this area that plays their home games on an Olympic sized rink...holy shit do I feel it when I’m done reffing a game on that ice.

Ducti89 likes this.