1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

When participating in a discussion on this forum, the term douchebag is not only acceptable, but also appropriate and sometimes required.

G 97 likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Required? Ruh roh, can someone please list the instances where it is mandatory. I wouldn't want to disappoint.

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nothing to say here... I just wanted to quote this post for posterity.

Can dungeon threads go into the best of the BBS hall of ̶s̶h̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶̶ fame?

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dung was a dipshit liberal, parroting typical liberal bullshit. Nothing is wrong with my argument except that I've been blacklisted by all you assholes so everything I say is automatically wrong, just because I said it.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not really. You are sometimes correct. However, you have a tendency to be a stage three clinger when you latch onto something wrong.:D

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's the thing. I'm not "wrong". It's a difference of OPINION that you guys cannot handle. If I say 2+2=5, I'm wrong. If I say that this cop didn't need to shoot that lady, or that the Little Rock incident was not handled properly, I'm just as right as anyone else. It's just that my upbringing, experience, thought processes, and acquired knowledge have led me to a different conclusion than others in this thread. And I honestly do not think most of you guys put much effort into your decision making process. Most of you seem to go with the status quo "if the cops shot him he probably deserved it". Many of you even back into it, having a forgone conclusion before you even start considering the argument.

jase, SpeedyE and R1Racer99 like this.
  7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

What do you mean blacklisted?

And you were/are absolutely wrong. You didn’t answer my question about the video. Could the perp easily grabbed the officer gun? MMA isn’t the time to subdue a perp, especially alone.

What company do you run?

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Once again I've only seen one person proclaim to quit over the difference of opinion. Everyone else seems to be handling it just fine.

9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

There's nothing in this world that I hate more than pottery...and the Dutch. :D

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There are multiple people that dogpile everything I post in here, even cross-contaminating threads to do so.

What am I wrong about? Could he have grabbed the gun? Maybe. He didn't though, and with proper training, the officer could have retained it. Police being shot with their own guns is not a very common occurrence. Nobody said policing wasn't a dangerous job, but not to sound cliche, it's what they signed up for. If you're not willing to risk your life, be an accountant.

And here's the root of my disagreement with most on here: Police do not get to decide who lives and who dies. It is their job to protect all citizens, even the ones suspected of criminal activity, and even if it puts their own lives in jeopardy. Nobody is "guilty" until they've been convicted by a jury of their peers. These guys should be doing EVERYTHING in their power to prevent loss of life, and all too often, it seems like they either choose to shoot people who aren't "really" a threat, or they get themselves into situations that require shooting people out of poor training, poor decision making, or poor tactics. It seems like this place pretty much gives cops a free pass, and that is a very dangerous attitude to have.

I won't tell you the company. I'm not going to mix my professional and personal lives.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Only one person has a different opinion! It's literally me vs all of you guys and your group-think. I've had a handful of PM's from people that agree with me but aren't willing to jump in here and get their asses kicked like I do, but that's it.

12. Venom51

Well...then you have at least one positive thing they don't. You aren't cowardly enough to have a different opinion but want to hide in PMs. Good for you. I'm not sure I'd want the support of someone not willing to state their opinion out in the open.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They're afraid of you assholes:crackup:

14. Venom51

Why? We don't have the ability to slap the shit out of them through the BBS.

15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Bullshit, if they get hostile then the officer absolutely decides who dies. Because as an officer, it damn sure wouldn’t be me. That’s my point, you think that if an officer is getting beaten or perp pulls a weapon the cop shouldn’t be able to put them down? Lol

And no need for exact name of company, curious what you do for work. How about a job description? lol you. Don’t wanna share because why?

16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Pussies

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That is NOT what I think. But I do believe it should be the very last resort, and that every effort should be taken to avoid it.

18. Venom51

So would everyone else but that option goes out the window the moment someone wants to keep it real and resist arrest.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That’s where training, and being the right kind of person for the job comes in. Far too many are undertrained or simply aren’t cut out to be making life and death decisions. Think about it, literally ANYONE without a felony on their record can go to 12 weeks of classes and get a job somewhere as a cop, at which point they have the power to imprison or kill another human being. There are some FUCKED UP people who got into LE because they crave the power and authority that comes with the job.

jase and R1Racer99 like this.
  20. Venom51

Look you are preaching at the wrong person. Blart and I have gone round and round about what I think of the tactics law enforcement uses. However since I am not the one doing the job they are just that..my opinions. They have no bearing on how someone that is willing to put their existence in jeopardy to do that job does the job. What they do have an impact on is my reasonable attempts to avoid interaction with them in their job capacity. It's pretty easy to do.

However if I do get into a position in which I can not avoid interacting with them I have just as much ability to have a negative impact on how the interaction goes as they do. If I make shitty decisions it won't be because the officer wasn't well trained in how to do his job. That's my position on it. Plenty of people commit suicide by police officer through their own actions and no amount of tactical training for the officer would have prevented it.

So tell me what training an officer can have that would influence the decision making abilities of the person with which they are interacting.