1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canyon Bicycles

Discussion in 'General' started by StaccatoFan, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

BUT, moving the seat isn't the adjustment for reach, that's the stem. Seat should be adjusted for the relationship between the seat and the pedals and where your knee is located when the pedal is parallel to the ground. I've bought a few bikes mail order, but I started out racing 35 years ago and we didn't know anything about stack and reach. :) I like a longer top tube so I'm usually on a 56 but most of the "fit" guides have me on a 54. CX bike is a 54, road bike is a M/L Giant TCR with a 130 mm stem and I'm 5'10".

2. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

KOPS is bullshit. don't fall for it.

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

@ducnut this whole discussion has me changing my mind...the whole point of all this is to have different bicycles for different riding feel and experiences.
    So, I contacted Lynskey on the R270 Disc....and I'm seriously thinking I'm going to get one because their current special is a hell of a deal, and they tossed in
    an offer of a Ti seatpost as part of the deal.

Canyons are gorgeous....interesting business model...but I have Aluminum and Carbon bikes already, so from a lot of angles a Canyon would just be more of the same.

Lynskey would be something unique and different than what I have...and THAT's a lot of what would appeal to me.

Again...thanks all...just a GREAT discussion.

ducnut likes this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Totally understand. Most of those I know with Ti bikes have other stuff to ride, too. For them, most wanted to build their ultimate or dream bikes, most chose Ti, and those are the bikes most frequently ride. There’s a mix of Litespeed (the original Lynskey family bike business), Lynskey, or Seven. Everyone raves about them.

I certainly didn’t expect our discussion to end up with you looking at buying a Lynskey, though. I think, you’ll really like it, if you get one. If you don’t, they have a 30-day, money back guarantee.

Keep us all updated.

5. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

6. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

I love how the road bike market jacked the prices up on all "new technology " disc brake bikes! Same model rim brake bikes are 1500-2500 cheaper. Mot of the upper model Disc bikes are 5-6k at the lower end. Unreal! Disc brakes have been on mountain bike setups for like ever.

ducnut likes this.
  7. stangmx13

i jinxed myself with this thread. went for a 70mi ride today and my Di2 battery died. of course its completely my fault since ive never charged it since i got the bike at the end of Nov. but getting stuck in 34-19 def made a few 12% gravel and 15% asphalt sections fun for my hamstrings.

Newsshooter and GixxerBlade like this.
  8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

ducnut likes this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Shut Up Legs!!! :D

stangmx13 likes this.
  10. stangmx13

when both hamstrings tried to cramp half a pedal-revolution apart, it was more like "no, u are not f* doing that now" :D :crackup:

ducnut likes this.
  11. Newsshooter

No way to manually change it?

12. stangmx13

I tried, searched, and asked knowledgeable people. Nada

Di2 has some cool features though. The front derailleur turns off when the battery gets low so u can still use the rear. Supposedly it’s like 150 shirts left. Then before the battery is completely dead, the rear derailleur turns off for a bit, warning that u have very few shifts left. It came back on twice and shifted like 8x each.

I of course ignored all these warnings, was pissed I could only do 8mph on flat, shifted up, and got stuck on the 19 tooth.

13. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

One advantage of eTap vs Di2 is you can swap batteries between derailleurs in a pinch. Generally the rear will go far before the front.

Does Di2 send battery levels to your Garmin? eTap does, and it gives you a warning when it is getting low.

Of course Di2 shifts faster than eTap, so there's that.

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. stangmx13

I don’t have the Bluetooth part so my Di2 def can’t connect to my Garmin. Not sure if it’ll do levels. But honestly, it doesnt matter because it lasts forever. I can literally recharge it once every 2months and be fine.

15. Newsshooter

How many miles per month? I've gotten back in to riding again and I'm averaging 200-250/week. Need to get that up a bit with some 5-7 hour rides before the death ride in July.

16. stangmx13

The battery on my Di2 w my shifting lasted 850mi

17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Nice. You’re doing Death Ride? I know a bunch of dudes that have done that one and tell me to come do it. Unfortunately not really in the cards this year.

Di2 battery life is less dependent on miles and more on the number of front shifts you do. The battery lasts a long ass time though. You can buy the style u

One thing about CF road bikes. If you do a lot of time in the mountains, a carbon frame in my experience is much less prone to speed wobbles on descents. Good luck at BWR. I have 90% of the parts for my gravel bike, but lots of life changes this year so they’re still sitting in my closet awaiting assembly!

ducnut likes this.
  18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

We definitely need to liberate some countries. Living without decent wifi, electronic shifting or even deep dish carbon clinchers!

19. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

If you have the newer BT enabled battery and the BT wireless unit the di2 battery life, and gears can be displayed on your garmin. I didn’t think the gear indicator would be useful but it’s actually pretty awesome. You can also switch the garmin screen if you have the “hidden buttons” on the tops of the hoods which is also very useful.

These features aren’t limited to garmin either but isn’t available on all head units.

20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

If you have the Bluetooth module you can set it up that way. I can’t remember what I paid for the Bluetooth but it was pittance compared to the cost of the whole setup. Di2 is a game changer for me. I always laughed at those that paid all that money for electronic shifting while all I had to worry about was a $3 cable failing. I can’t believe how much better it shifts. Butter.

ducnut likes this.