1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canyon Bicycles

Discussion in 'General' started by StaccatoFan, Apr 10, 2019.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Anyone bought a Canyon bicycle?

I'm considering adding one of their Endurace roadies to my collection.

All the reviews I've read are pretty positive. You seem to get quite a bit of bike, meaning
    higher end Shimano 105/Ultegra for quite a bit less money because they sell direct, too.

But, what does the Beeb's experts all say?

Thanks for your time.

2. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

I’ve heard they’re great, however also heard since they’re direct to consumer their support isn’t as good as other brands... could’ve been an isolated incident though. I just built a new road bike and really wanted a Canyon but they NEVER had my size in stock.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

They had a rep with their high end mtb at our Fat Tire Fest in Santos Florida a few weeks back. Most people loved it after riding, I have heard from two separate people that had some issues with support after the purchase. They wouldn't buy again because of it. My only reference on them.

4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

For endurance road, I’m a “steel is real” advocate. Have a look at Soma’s frame offerings like the Fog Cutter or Double Cross. Both are disc, have multiple eyelets and braze-ons so you can adapt to your needs and will handle wider tires that ride so much nicer than skinny tires. Both have curved, steel fork options that ride better than carbon or straight-leg, steel forks. And, you can build either how you want your bike to be.

83BSA likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Canyon is huge in Germany.
    Really good bang for the $

StaccatoFan likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

That's what I'm thinking...It's my shot to try the Shimano Ultegra Di2 group at the most reasonable price on a platform
    that gets REALLY good reviews.

Cannoli and Phl218 like this.
  7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I know a couple guys with Canyon MTBs, they always have good things to say.
    I nearly went with the new Lux for my son's race bike this year but ended up going another direction.

8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

My riding buddy has the Aeroad Disc Ultegra Di2 and that thing is awesome. I rode it and loved it. Build quality is top notch and the front end feel is like anything I ever experienced before. I'd love to get one as my next bike for sure.

9. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

I have an Exceed, their XC race hardtail. It's light, FAST, and climbs really well. No complaints at all with the bike, quality product. I have not had to deal with their customer service so have no comments there, but that can also be taken as a good thing... If I was into the roadie thing, their aluminum endurance bike is what i'd have...

10. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I don't own one but I demoed two of them, the Neuron and the Lux - and riding them made me want them badly. Very well put together bikes. If I had the money I would own the Lux.

11. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

From everything I've read, Canyon makes a solid bike. I would certainly consider one when I'm ready to upgrade my Trek Domane.

12. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I see a ton on the road out here, especially tri bikes. If they fit me I’d have a tough time deciding between a canyon and argon 18.

13. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

ive heard the frames are flimsy. so if u are a big guy or the kind of rider that might crack a carbon frame, id look elsewhere. this came from a friend thats deep in the industry here in San Diego.

14. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

im looking for a new road bike to replace my 2006 Specialized Allez, man with so many choices out there my head is spinning on what brand to buy. I was concerned if a LBS would service the Canyon.

15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

LBS will service anything you bring them. For a price, of course.

16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:

17. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Direct to consumer model is unique. I believe Allied is the only other vendor to do so.

I looked once and they didn't appear to offer much more value or performance than anything similar price wise.

18. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Framed seems to have a similar business model. I have been considering pulling the trigger on one of their mountain bikes but I think I would rather have the support of my LBS behind me if a warranty issue arose.

19. StaccatoFan

Right now they're offerring free ground shipping........it's killing me.

20. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Link to the bike you are looking at?