1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mueller report is out....kind of

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Motofun352, Mar 22, 2019.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah, but I'd guess that a propensity for solid choices started much earlier with some cultivation.

cav115 likes this.
  2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

What brain drain? Like the one we have now where money is wasted putting morons through school that are pursuing useless degrees?

cav115 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just an FYI - sarcasm and trolling for someone who didn't bother to look into the rate form then are two different things.

4. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Well, I saved money working during high school and then I worked while I was in college. If you have skin in the game you tend to take it more seriously.

sheepofblue, G 97 and cav115 like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It could burst and just as with the real estate one - why should they be bailed out?

Student debt exists. Why aren't the students paying it back? Saying someone else should do it for them IS whining and crying.

Our society will continue to grow even if those students pay their own bills.

6. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Or is it impossible to afford today because of the loans? Hmmmm.

cav115 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What did I post that was opinion with no fact (other than something I marked as opinion of course)?

What about your opinions that have been repeatedly shown to be based on lies and not facts?

What about my post that you wanted to get me to make and then seem to have ignored totally in order to continue your OMB rhetoric and trolling to try and catch people out?

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Bad syntax?

Yzasserina likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why do you keep correlating the need for educated people and the loans? I'm also curious as to where we are lacking educated people, which area(s)?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And again you are saying something that doesn't make sense. Why would nuking loans - especially the high interest rate ones the art history majors are hating on - cause a dearth of educated people? A mind is not a terrible thing to waste, most minds are sub par on their best day :crackup:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, less money, less parental interference, less snowflake mentality. They've gotten to the point of over protection that they can't protect anyone now. Dead 10 year olds from fights, fights they knew would happen but powerless due to regs to stop so students get hurt. Students that shouldn't be allowed on the property coddled and allowed anyway. Way too much money goes into education right now.

cav115 likes this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm against sin taxes.

13. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

I'm saying flat tax, I'm saying college admissions should be based on acceptance requirements (not race, sex....), I'm saying that hiring should be based on qualifications (same as college).. things like that. Pretty impossible for everyone to start at the same spot.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

You really went all in with this one. :D

cav115 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thing is all of your examples have nothing to do with equal opportunity. One school won't let you in go to another that will, the education any child wants is out there an available to them. They may have to work for it but the opportunity is there. Tax? Huh? Has nothing to do with opportunity.

16. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

???? So if college A accepts someone because they are a minority (or their parents buy a building in the school) instead of a middle income white kid, how does the white kid have an equal opportunity? The context prior was about things being "fair".

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is more than one college.

You will never be able to make things "fair" based on parental income without fucking over someone which then is not fair to someone.

Back to opportunity, equal opportunity isn't about fairness, it's about the opportunity. Your white kid can still go to college and still get a degree. They still have the same opportunity.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well, fair is subjective. The real question is, Is the system structured to be equal for everyone? What some don’t realize is that by trying to make things equal for someone , you are making things unequal for another.

Iowa State use to have a tuition set aside program where they would take 15% of a students tuition and give it to a more deserving under privileged student all under the guise of making things more affordable and more equal. The thing of it is, when over 80% of the students have to take out student loans for their own tuition, these students aren’t exactly able to afford tuition on a cash basis either and were burdened by this process. The program has been ended.

Things will never be fair and when people try to mandate equality, it’s always at the expense of some one. But it depends on who that someone is for liberals to justify it.

19. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Lies lies all lies you trumpsters quit calling people names you 45 shill lmao why trumps a racist and he mocks handicapped reporters lmao

That’s all you get in return when it’s all out there. It’s sad just off what we know we could arrest all of them for a attempted coup. Just imagine the info that’s classified.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That's because the concept of equality is an illusion.

Equality of what? Opportunity? Yeah, lets see...did the rich kid work his ass off to pull grades, develop study and work habits that will serve him well in post-secondary education and beyond? Did the poor kid play basketball with his hood rat friends and manage to guilt passing grades from a school that was happy to pass him along and not have another notch in the failed schools column?

Both went to public school. Both had the same number of classes a day.

Did they have equal opportunity?

cav115 likes this.