1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Apr 3, 2019.

1. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Yes, sweist152 is correct .

2. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

I'm just some dude on the outside - I've never raced WERA or anywhere else, I found this forum looking for MA chat - but the idea that MA is looking to chase Twins riders away right now for "looking too club" seems a little farfetched to me. Rainey is trying to rebuild a series here, Twins aren't even on TV yet. Let 'em race!

turbulence likes this.
  3. 23103a

23103a Well-Known Member

Huh?

Rocco raced AFM round 1 and wiped the floor with 450 superbikes on his little 400. The kid has serious skill. It has nothing to do with equipment.

4. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

There’s your new job Aaron.
    MA paddock neatness inspector.:crackup:

TurboBlew and aaronson like this.
  5. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

You two are both VERY good at what you do!!

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

MA needs to hire Lee Acree to review the pits and give suggestions on improvements. :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

I personally had that line on T-Shirts when I raced the GNF back in '84! Maybe it'll make a comeback...

8. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

One thing that struck me was that in person, you get to see all the battles throughout the field and the Jr Cup and Twins both had good battles throughout due to the size of their grids, but on TV, you usually tend to see the front runners and Barney and Rocco checked out in both. SBK, SS, and Stock1000 all had some really good battles for the lead which made it great in person and on the broadcast so that was awesome!
    While in the pits, I had some random fans ask me who was on the purple bike in Twins (I assumed it was the Roaring Toyz bike) because they really enjoyed watching a group of riders battle. That was the battle for 12th so that was cool they were asking about them.

Gino230 and Superbikeorbust like this.
  9. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

If it means keeping Twins class, then sure.

aaronson likes this.
  10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

FTP

JJJerry, cajun636, r6boater and 5 others like this.
  11. swiest152

I guess now I know how you feel daily.

12. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

:crackup:

13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

what they were trying to steer around, was how fast a rider Barney is.. And, I bet Murray and Parrish have 15-20LB EASY on Barnes (bet Mike is 145lb after a big dinner). That Duc has torque, no doubt, but the top speed, and fastest lap were all very very close. At close to top speed already heading toward the kink before T10, he had a big hole being punched in the air by all the guys in front of him. The announcer with Roger, was making out to be some earth shattering freak of physics on how he was able to drive around them.
    Then throw in possible better gearing choice, how those guys may have been hassling each other coming out of the corner prior to the long straight.. etc.
    Those guys got beat. By a 50 yr old. But they all rode a great race! Is the bike better? perhaps. But lets get over the idea it's in it's own class ;)
    .. my opinion anyway.

Steeltoe, TurboBlew, aaronson and 3 others like this.
  14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

.. he kinda has a point though Mike. It's not club racing. It's professional racing. Shouldn't a rider and team at least make an attempt to look as professional as possible? You don't need a fancy rig, or even a fancy bike. but wear some clean clothes, keep your pit area from looking like Sanford&Son's , etc. even if you are just there with an old van and a 10x10 ez-up. It's not that hard, but if it's not what you are used to doing, it will require some effort on the rider and team's part.
    PS: I wasn't there, but he's not the first to point this out. My post is a generalization.

15. swiest152

Parrish wasn't far off Barney. Race1 Parrish had the faster lap. Top speed the duc wasn't the fastest. Barney is just fast and can go fast every single lap. Sure the bike is probably good but the pilot made it seem better. He would have won on a SV or FZ or ER.

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Joking Greg. Goes with an off line conversation I'm having with Sam. Totally agree about keeping up the image.

17. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

The Bodywork was a situation we werent happy with ourselves. Would have much preffered to have a spare set with is just because. Just was not possible at that time.
    Just didnt have time for the Glass to cure Saturday then the snorkel failed sunday, will redesign and add supprt to it for the future rounds as well as have spares premounted to spare bodywork. Odd that it made it thrpugh sunday warm up
    With no issues then showed its ass in the race. Guess the couple extra MPH pushed it past its limits in the dry.
    Heard the rumors and complaints about the pit areas also... They also Had problems containing the mess to their pit space. Literally was a constant battle to even get in the back of our trailer for the mess.

Feel like Kris had something for Barney if we would have had a little better luck.
    Has raced with him quite a bit in the past.

Kris87 and jksoft like this.
  18. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Holy hell what a weekend!
    You guys leave Hannah alone, shes a worker. They walked up to me for an interview and she was the one that kept everything calm and guided the whole situation. Plus being able to talk and stare at her for a few minutes is very terrifying! Shes gorgeous with a side order of hubba hubba!

Master cylinder thing sucked. I didn't think it would be a big deal but as I started throwing down those insane lap times, it got tougher to slow down that clapped out turd! I rely on Cop to keep up with the rules as this also surprised him.

The Duc is fast. It left me out of 7 in Q2, not too terribly but it was enough to be worried. To run a 35.8 chasing Barney in race 2 is stupid and something that SV shouldn't do. You can't believe if I say it handles better the faster you ride it.... If it wasn't for the tired old man bod, I think I could have passed him. But yeah, it's an unfair advantage...

Another cool picture is the Mr Yosh and Don inspecting the cracked exhaust that they built for us. Notes and measurements typed into the phone and the systems are headed back to Cali for adjusting. Top notch sir!

Very cool weekend man!

Attached Files:

19. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Very cool for sure! Looking forward to Team Turner coming back strong at VIR.

And really looking forward to checking out the bikes up close when you come out west, after watching this

20. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

The trashtalk loses a little bit of the sting when you realize that Parrish is 42.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    E Reed likes this.