1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adventure Bike Riders

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, May 13, 2013.

1. cool pic - a must do for me with all the off-road I like to do.

yet, redundant as hell. I see a street legal dual sporter, but one's SL already. Drive to trailhead or MX park and roost away. So why not an MX'er or a true Hare scramble KTM, Husky, Gas Gas, etc... ?

Your thoughts ?

3. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

They must both be street legal, so when the final drive on the 1200 pukes the toilet he can make it to a stealership for parts. :D

4. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

True story not a matter of if but when :cool:

Denial is BMW's best approach to the obvious.

5. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

Hey RD racer did you ever figure out what you're going to get?
    I'm excited about picking up a Super Tenere this week! I'm a pretty big fan of Yamaha bikes, so I'm sure it'll be fine for me. Should be a good WV bike. I'd like to think I'll actually ride it regardless of the weather, but that'd be a first for me.:up:

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Resurrecting an old thread. It only took me about 10 bikes since 2013 but I think I found my bike last night. Drove to Evansville after work and picked up this 09 loaded GSA with only 21K one owner miles for $7200, which I think is quite the steal. Now I have to figure out where to go on an adventure. My son wants to do the Trans-Labrador Hwy. We shall see.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cBJr, Sprinky, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Looks like it will wheelie pretty easily if you fill those cases to capacity. :D
    Nice ride.

rd400racer likes this.
  8. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Nice bike , great price .... Kudos for letting Old Monk wait six years for a response :D

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Did you get that Ducati you stole running yet ?

10. rd400racer

Yeah, it will run at idle but when you give it gas it dies. I've got a friend that's a Ducati mechanic...he's going to come over and find out what's going on. I figure the Duc can be my commuter bike and this BMW will be for the long trips.

BigBird likes this.
  11. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Nice find, enjoy the ride!

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That thing looks mint. Now, please please please let this be the last time it's transported in a truck. That just feels wrong. :D

rd400racer likes this.
  13. rd400racer

I hate that as much as anyone, but I never find a motorcycle that's less than 2 hours from my house and I don't want to deal with asking somebody to drive me all that way. But just once I'd like to buy a bike and actually ride it home:D

14. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

We are planning to do the Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route (MABDR) later this summer. That would be an option for you.

I just got back from riding dirt bikes through Cambodia. It was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had, but the shipping might be tough for you. :D

rd400racer likes this.
  15. rd400racer

Cambodia sounds pretty damn cool Steve. I'll check into the MABDR. The trick is that my son lives in Lancaster, PA so we'd probably use that as a start point and then head whichever direction looks interesting. Of course he needs to get a bike...there's that little detail:D

16. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

That’s perfecr actually!
    Go N to S on the route.
    Keep me posted might could join up depending on dates.

rd400racer likes this.
  17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Looks good with the huge beer coolers on it.

18. rd400racer

The guy told me that one side will hold 2 cases of beer:D

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Shit...that's 4 cases capacity. :bow:
    That's almost enough for a 100 mile trip. :D

rd400racer likes this.
  20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Nice steal rd! I was wondering what you were planning this year.

IDK when, but the NEBDR is the next one to come out. I'd say adding that leg to MABDR would probably bump up the value quite a bit.

I've watched about a dozen vids on the trip and I just can't get a boner. It is exactly what I ride here...and I just cannot shake the western addiction. I'm planning my own BRD this year that takes in some stuff in UT, ID, WY, and AZ that's not on those BDRs (except WY, which they punted in favor of building NEBDR).

Have a great ride(s)!