1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK | 2019 | Round 2 | Pirelli Thai | Mar 15 - 17

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Mar 15, 2019.

1. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

So the former 125 cc World Champion forgot how to corner?

The Great One and turbulence like this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

:crackup:

3. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

mmmmmm... I don't smoke anything.
    If you re-read my comment, I mentioned that not one ducati rider as been able to make waves on the track (like Bautista), including Davies... being that Davies was the #1 rider for ducati for quite some time now.

4. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

lol density... coming from someone who keeps citing top speed numbers as if it’s the end all be all for what makes a bike a winning bike yet can’t seem to explain why the other ducatis can’t seem to crack the top 5.

sound logic boss.

5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

:crackup:

no way dude. his bike is the fastest of all the bikes! just twist the throttle and bam! race wins!!

6. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

But yet you Liked the post by Prospect when he said.

:p :D

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Sofoglu moved up to superbikes and sucked. He didn't stay in supersport because he was content, he couldn't cut it. But he at least moved up and have it a shot.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The only comment about the top speed was that the Ducati is the faster bike. Reading comprehension. Try it. The failure to process logic is clearly on your end. That's how one ends up asking idiotic questions like "if it's faster, how come everyone on it isn't winning?"

9. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

Bautista has came in with a different style and different lines. He turns in a bit earlier and smoother carrying more mid corner and exit speed. Rea drives in deep an turns sharp with a bit slower mid corner and exit speed. Everyone is just playing catch up right now. They’ll get closer as the season goes on.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Bautista looks more like Moto2 on the Dunlops look. sliding the rear in and Giving no F's

11. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

The like button is too close to the reply button on my phone and I've got fat fingers.

mram0256 likes this.
  12. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

I did not know that.

13. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

So does this mean Rea made the right move to stay in WSBK

14. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Sofuoglu even did a year in Moto2 where he languished as mostly a mid-packer. Admittedly much better results than Josh Herrin had, but unimpressive compared to the dominance he showed in WSS.

15. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Uhh, not so sure on that one boss. I would have to watch again, but pretty sure there were a number of times that AB went in deeper than JR. Up the inside to make the pass on the brakes. The speed got him close, the brakes got him past.

16. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

And the multi time WSBK champ never learned how to corner?

Have you even watched the races? Bautista runs away after the corner exit, if Rea is close in a corner entry, he out brakes Bautista and carries the same corner speed.

This is some real Rea hate going on here.

Find me some examples. Turn 1 at PI, turns 1, 2, and 5(?) at Buriram. Bautista isn't getting Rea on corner entry.

17. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

IF, IF, IF, IF, Rea is close in a corner entry........like the first 3-4 turns of a race, then Bautista is GONE! :D

You're paying way too much attention to one specific turn per lap (T1 at PI and T4 at Buriram) and not enough attention to the entire lap. Obviously there is more than one way to enter/exit a corner. One could assume the "preferred" way is the one that lets you "run away after the corner exit". So the riders have two different styles, that's not "Rea Hate" it's just an observation.....like the 10-12 second lead at the end of the race Bautista always seems to have. That must count for something?

Obviously Rea is a multi-time WSBK Champion because Bautista stayed in MotoGP a few years too long. :crackup:

Phl218, turbulence and The Great One like this.
  18. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

I’m sure Johnny has had plenty of offers in GP over the past few years. Clearly none of them were good enough (equipment+salary) to make the move.

At this stage in his career, I think he’s very smart to stay put and make the most money possible while he still can.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

AB is beating Rea in every corner...by 15 seconds!! :D

Rea is a great rider, but not the best. GP riders should be able to go faster IMO.

The examples of GP riders pushing through the pain and riding at 100% is insane!

Rossi lapped faster on the WSBK R1 about 40 days after a compound fracture of the leg.

JL, DP, and CE riding days after shoulder plate surgery, and getting solid results!

AI29 grinding it out after a face lift :eek:...these guys are machines!! :D

BigBird likes this.
  20. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Alex Lowes on the Yamaha had the second highest trap speed, ahead of all the other ducati's other than Bautista... was his bike "obviously faster" too?

Phl218 and turbulence like this.