Leaving "Paradise"

Discussion in 'General' started by Timothy Landon, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

I sold my kar. Sold my motorsycles gived most of my klothes to goodwillSold my lethers and boutsSold my traylor. Going to deestroy my computator and start fresh. Gunna be a mountainman or die tryin.Had enuff of this thirdworld shitwhole called southflorida. Sidecars are cool.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Gino230 likes this.
  2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

What makes it a ‘third world country’?

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

"They treat you like a customer, not a patient,"

BigBird likes this.
  5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

What the hell you talking about? You guys have Peter Essaff down there now.
    He's been around hacks for ages!

6. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Pickup @Anchovie on your way to the mountains. Be a real brokeback story the two of you two drinking and trying to deliver pizza in the snow.

Pkelly2020 and Mot Okstef like this.
  7. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Lots of people from other countries, some are even legal.
    40 % or more of the people driving lack a driver's license.
    Crime, culture clash, horrible traffic

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Timothy Landon

Just to name a few. Beggars and Bums everywhere. Don't ever stop at an intersection with your window rolled down. Hey man, can I have a cigarette? Hey man, got any extra money? God bless you sir, I've got a cell phone, a pack of cigarettes, a can of beer in my hand and some brand new nikes on, but can you spare any money? Stop or slow down while I slowly walk across a four lane street, just a few feet away from the intersection with pedestrian crossing signals. Any fast food joint(except chick-fil-a) go to the window to pickup your food, employee hands you your order and doesn't even acknowledge you exist, let alone say thank you. Plus, more often than not your order is wrong. Go to pretty much any retail establishment and really struggle to understand anything the employee is saying.
    Have a firearm on you at "all" times. I love guns. But it sucks that I don't feel safe if I'm not armed.
    If it's not nailed down and out of sight, it gets stolen.
    Your car "will" get rear ended or t-boned. Just a matter of time.
    Numerous people walking down the street, in malls, etc. having conversations with or shadow fighting with apparently no one that I can see.
    These are the just some of the things you have to deal with all the time, every day, everywhere you go down here. And the further south you go the more foreign it gets.
    The weather's nice though.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Phl218 likes this.
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Is it that bad at say, Sunrise and Ocean Blvd? Damn, that used to be my turf...bums me out that it's gotten that bad.

10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Dude, move to the Gulf coast. Totally different world on the western coast and the same weather. St. Pete is nice if you like a city vibe and Tampa is a quick trip across the 275 bridge. Beaches are perfect if that's your thing. Tampa/St. Pete area is exploding with craft brews and St. Pete is becoming a tech driven area with tons of revitalization. Worth a road trip to check out.

ducnut likes this.
  11. Timothy Landon

Yep. Sunrise Blvd, Fed Hwy 1, Commercial Blvd, Oakland Park Blvd.

12. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

The fact that there's no "Bizarre Colorado" thread is reason enough for the change.

BigBird and Timothy Landon like this.
  13. Timothy Landon

I lived on that side for a year and a half. Sarasota, Venice. My dad and brother live over there. I agree. It's completely different on that side. I was over there this past Thanksgiving. Red Tide was really bad. Making people sick.

14. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Third world immigrants. Duh

15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Red tide was south of St. Pete. Not certain exactly how far north it made it, but it stayed below Tampa Bay for sure. That's nasty stuff. Hopefully that gets worked out longterm.

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That actually makes me sad. I started going to Lauderdale in 1972 when I was 11 years old. That place was heaven to me. We'd always go at Easter and the trip culminated with a fancy dress up dinner at Pier 66. Then in 77 my aunt bought a condo right on the beach near Oakland Park Blvd and now we had a place there anytime we wanted. I actually chose my duty station as the FLorida Keys because I knew that every weekend I had off, I could head to her condo and make it party central. I even met my future wife during these days.

To hear it's turned into such a shithole really depresses me.

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I see what you did there

rd400racer likes this.
  18. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

Hopes and prayers are scientifically proven not to make a significant difference. Donating money to help elect the right politicians and community activism, on the other hand....

Scotty87 likes this.
  19. Timothy Landon

Yep. That's the other thing that sucks here. It's totally left politically. Politicians are all crooked lefty libtards. They get away with everything, including tampering with voting. And nobody goes to jail for it.
    Plus, I had to drive thru Wilton Manors everyday on my way to work. It's known as the most highly concentrated area of LGBT people east of the Mississippi. I don't necessarily have a problem with them. But, when dudes are walking on public streets kissing each other, holding hands, wearing heels, dresses, and leather chaps. It's their right, but I don't need to see that shit.
    All of this crap just adds stress to everyday life that I don't need. Time to go.

20. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Just move up to the panhandle. Different world entirely.