1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leftist Olympics 2020

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, except it'd be AFTER going through the process not just doing it and ignoring congress. I realize that to some it's a mere technicality but it's kind of a big one.

R Acree likes this.
  2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I’m sure your a nice dude and if you raced an RD you are already better than 99%+ of people in my book.

I just can’t fathom supporting a party that just legalized killing babies during birth. Remaining a Dem after they have endorsed infanticide is something I can’t get my head around. Additionally the complete disregard for the constitution displayed by Dems is as unAmerican and, dare I say, treasonous as anything I have ever seen.

kangasj likes this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Good enough segue here, but a funny story about the Clintons from a client/friend of mine who is a retired private pilot.

He's older now, but for years, while working, he absolutely would not tell who he'd flown in the past. But about 2 months ago, over coffee, he let loose on anyone you can think of, from to 80's, up to about 10 years ago. Stars, musicians, business peeps, dignitaries, tons of em.

I asked the usual stuff. Who was your favorite? Most famous? Biggest asshole? I asked about Presidents. Yep. Only pre and post office tho (except one). Who? Reagan, any Bush you can think of, Clintons. We got to talking about his experience with the Clintons, and he was very complimentary of Bill. Always very nice. Talkative. Hillary, not so much. She always walked up the steps, took a hard right and never said a word. Not surprising.
    The funny tidbit he did say, was that during the whole Lewinsky thing, Billary got on one of his planes, and proceeded to have one of the hottest make out sessions he'd ever witnessed. I don't know if it was for show, but he said they looked like two teenagers in heat who couldn't keep their hands off of one another. He told it much better, but we shared a laugh over it.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the compliment (I think:D).

My view on abortion is that if a guy can't deliver safe sex to a woman then he has no say in what she does with the consequence. And we need to quit objectifying the Constitution as some end all/be all. The damn thing was written 250 years ago. They had no clue what would be taking place now. Sure, it has many great points (mostly stolen from the Magna Carta) but some of it is dated and needs to be revised.

I get the feeling that I come across as some goatee wearing beatnik that reads Karl Marx while wearing a Che T-shirt. I agree with about half of the tenets that a typical Republican does. I try to stay fairly in the middle of either side.

SuddenBraking and cpettit like this.
  5. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Just reading the Federalist Papers. So, re. cellphones and jet aircraft, sure. Mobocracy, they were on the nose.

"The damn thing" quoted, for the next time you claim to be a centrist. :rolleyes:

6. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Really? I don't think it's any of my business either but if the damn woman wants to have an abortion after she starts dilating...well, WTF, how isn't that murder? How can somebody be charged with killing two people if they kill a pregnant woman but if the kids head is ready to pop out, why can't the mother and doctors who perform the abortion be charged for murder?

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's not exactly like no one ever thought of that before the 18th century.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Foul! Failure to worship! 15 yard penalty add ejection from the game.

This is gonna get bad for you. :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They get charged double murder even it's barely a zygote so that's a moot point.

10. kangasj

kangasj Banned

What makes it moot? My question stands.

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Welcome to my world. My right wing friends call me a LWNJ and my left wing friends call me a RWNJ. This is normal for most Libertarians. Although they in general are too extreme for me. The polarization of America continues. I still believe that there are more people in the middle than either the far right or far left, but the edges do all the yelling and get all the publicity.

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, I’m not antiabortion.

At least not until the last week where one dem state has made it legal up to birth and a second has made it legal after birth. That’s murder.

On the other bit, what parts of the constitution would you like to revise?

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What medical condition presents in the moment before birth, for the mother, or the child, warranting killing that couldn't be determined in the late second trimester?

14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I just stated exactly this in the SMMFH thread a few hours ago. I think the leftists pushing the envelope on abortion like this is going to turn abort neutral people like us to be anti.

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If you are willing to allow America's historic and ongoing global leadership role as evidence of exceptionalism, you must also concede that our founding fathers demonstrated timeless wisdom when they laid out the principles of this nation. Those principles are embodied in our constitution. Which of them would you revise?

16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yes it will. Today the Va gov said that their bill would allow babies to be killed even after birth. This has upset quite a few people.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

"The damn thing" was also written with ways to amend it part and parcel. Don't like part or all of it? Get jiggy amending it. Don't have the votes to amend it? STFU and deal with "the damn thing".

18. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Does this sound familiar?

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

auminer likes this.
  19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Exactly. It was set up from the beginning to be changed, and has been changed. I guess some people don't want to read that part. :rtfrb:

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And, looking over my DD-214, there's nothing on there absolving me of that oath.