1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 NFL Bold Predictions

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Aug 1, 2018.

1. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Drew Christopher Brees :D

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Go ahead and try to deflate away Brees' accomplishments. I still want to see these two in a head-to-head superbowl. There is still a discussion regarding the football qb goat, your dismissal notwithstanding. Sure, logical examination of the facts leans toward Brady at the moment. Both still have football ahead of them. It's possible that the Pat's could suck next year. They didn't exactly light up the regular season this year. Was that a brilliant strategy to make the playoffs as healthy as possible while showing as little of the playbook as possible? Maybe. Or maybe their peak is past. Like Rossi's. o_O

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Here I was thinking you guys talking about Eli. He has more Super Bowl MVPs that the other Manning. #justsayin

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I don’t know, man. Neither have much football left ahead. Brees is 39, Brady is 41. Both are already playing on borrowed time for NFL lifespans.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So funny how people keep trying to compare QB's and not the entire team. Football other than the kicker (and even then they need help) is one sport where comparing one player and even their stats is just silly. A QB can't have yards without a receiver catching it or someone running it...

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Can you imagine if you switched teams, Brady with Brees or Manning when they first came into the league?
    I think Brady is the recipient of being with the best coach ever, and usually having a great O-line. He seems to have an unlimited amount of time in the pocket to find a receiver. I know he has the jewelry and has got it done, but the best QB I ever saw is Manning.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Brady and Brees won their last games yesterday..... Rams and Chiefs!!

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Quote one post of mine that says something negative about him or his accomplishments.
    I don't know why people keep saying stuff like that without pausing to think about the fact that quarterbacks don't play against each other. They play against the other team's defense.
    Sorry, I didn't realize that we were discussing who is better this year. I thought this was about "All Time." My bad.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You go Papa.

11. auminer

Eli has more losses than any qb in the history of the league. Hashtagjustsayin

12. auminer

Which one of the three are you referring to? :D

stk0308 likes this.
  13. auminer

Surely that reference wasn't THAT obtuse...

14. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

And 2 SB wins against the GOAT...:beer:

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

What?? Where'd you get that stat? He's second, behind the great Vinny Testaverde

16. Sabre699

#Archie Manning.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Eli is Casey Stoner. He may not be the GOAT, but he's better than the GOAT. :D

Banditracer, Potts N Pans and BigBird like this.
  18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

His team was ... that year. :D

19. Sabre699

20. auminer

It was a Wikipedia article. Come to think of it, I didn't see Testicleverde on the list at all. I'll find it when I get home. Looks like VT is 'ahead' 123-118. Don't worry... Eli will pass him next year!