Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Oh yeah that's right Huntley Nash rode one briefly back in 2014 or 15 I think. And Corey Alexander raced one in SSTK 1000 maybe?

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Corey Alexander was on the FDNY bike at NJMP mentioned earlier. Really cool tribute that was well put together.

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Since Kyle will likely be consulting the beeb and we all know what's best for him, let's go ahead and tell him what he should ride.

You should ride a Kawasaki or Ducati.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yeah, he was pitted across from me at a trackday end of last season. I asked if he wouldn't mind if I oooogled the bike up close for a few minutes :D

5. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

They were kind enough to let me pull the fuel pump out of that bike at a CCS weekend after my 1199 pump shit the bed. I handled that thing like a surgeon working on their own family member.

6. Spang308

image000000_01.jpg Pic of Corey's NYFD bike. This is Pridmore on it during a tribute ceremony.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Best part of that bike was the leathers made to look like a firefighter's uniform.

turbulence likes this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's ONE of them, but not the racebike. That one had a bare Al tank Akra ex and I'm sure a few other goodies :D

[​IMG]

turbulence, mike574 and stk0308 like this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Thanks. Now I have to sit here behind my desk until this erection goes away...

10. Spang308

I
    Just looked at my pics and never realized they were two seperate bikes. The rest of the pics were of the actual race bike.

11. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Then the poor thing wrecked in T1

12. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Alright, the V4S is a badass motorcycle. I got invited to go ride it for a day just by a local dealer. I've been really trying to hammer out my 2019 program, looking for different directions to go for next year. It's a total toss-up at this point, and until I can get some support from a manufacturer and a solid reason to go a certain direction, I'll likely stick with Yamaha.

All these new bikes have got me tempted though, and I'm entertaining every avenue possible.

If you want some truth, the V4S is pretty much as good as my R1 superbike, headlights and all. The V4R is supposed to be another massive step but I'm afraid we won't see one early enough to campaign it next year. Oh, that, and I'm not made of money. I think the new BMW, Kawi and V4R are our considerations, purely because they all will have a higher potential performance ceiling than the R1, IMHO. It's just a matter of it all making sense in my small effort.

turbulence, awalk9905, scottn and 7 others like this.
  13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Get Broome to write the check and I’ll help through my dealership. Would love to see you stretc that thing at Road America!

14. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

It's not out of the question, and I think a lot of people would like to rally behind it. But as @SPL170db said, I don't want to roll around in 6th-8th anymore. We've proven we can run up front so ultimately whichever bike is going to put us there is what I'd like to ride.

15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

The thing is that IMO it’s gonna be HARD to build a better R1 than yamaha or attack.

Imo change it up. I think that bike is a weapon of mass destruction and needs a solid rider to put up front.

Do it

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I just don't get why there aren't more (any?) Kawasakis out there. That "kawasakis don't like dunlops" crap or lack of support from the greenie meanies?

17. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

18. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

418 likes this.
  19. 418

418 Expert #59

Thx for posting that.

Dave seems like a cool cat, glad he hangs around year after year.

Very disappointing that he doesn't even bother to go after OEM support. Team like that should at least be getting parts support.

track wagon likes this.