1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati V4R

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I see you deleted "A CBR is a street bike". Your argument is out of context, not to mention no longer relevant. What's World Superstock? Oh, right...that racing class that doesn't exist anymore. :D

deathblow likes this.
  3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

As little as possible lol. Got to keep the myth alive. :crackup:

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

OK, no problem, it could be a higher price, one I can't afford:beer:

turbulence likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

accurized

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

close look behind 2 paintings and 3 curtains and you got all the cash together. maybe also look in one or 2 tea pots.

8. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

The class might no longer exist, but that doesn't negate the results over the last 7 years or so.

Either way, pick a class and I'll happily point out the FireTurd's incompetence based on the results.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

^ Now that is an impressive pair of Flying Spaghetti Monsters.

Newyork likes this.
  10. fastfreddie

Honda authors the "writing on the wall". They knew not to develop the bike beyond it's usefulness. :D

11. Captain Morgan

One painting, a hollowed out big book, 2 wraps under a drawer

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Captain Morgan

still laughing about when my sister was visiting my moms place, had 10 gs duck taped under a drawer, was gone for a year, the tape failed, I get an email from my sister with a photo of my money, shes cool, we laughed about it

Phl218 likes this.
  13. Because it was irrelevant to the discussion, and inaccurate.

They are the same as all other OEMs. They produce street bikes, that are also used in production based race classes.

If we were talking about the CB1000 or Goldwing, it would be a different story. But we are talking about their Race Replica machine, that is in the same category as everyone else's RR machine.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Didn’t Toseland win a WSBK title on a CBR1000RR in the mid 2000’s? Maybe a couple of them?

15. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

16. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

The 2017/18 world endurance championship,too! It deserves another R, CBR1000RRR :crackup:

17. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

A great point. The rider still plays a HUGE roll in motorbike racing, far more than the bike. No doubt that's still the leading cause of who wins the championship. For that matter, in terms of WSBK, everyone says how dominant the Kawasaki is, but if Johnny Rea is out of the picture, Davies wins the last 3 years running, not another Kawasaki. Sykes sure hasn't beat Davies regularly. And in GP terms, if Marquez never enters, Dovi easily wins the last couple of years, and Rossi on a yamaha back in 2016, not the 'other' Honda.

Newyork likes this.
  18. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Great point, but the Honda is still a dog. Lol

Newyork likes this.
  19. fastfreddie

We're looking through different colored glasses and I defer to your up-to-date knowledge of the racing scene. As far as opinions are concerned, I see "race replicas" as street bikes, period. Any one of them is capable of that job, one of them does it better by not going overboard. The others provide a little more edge towards being in the focus of a "race bike", detracting from their street manners. An R1M is Yamaha's top-tier street bike, still not as good as the Honda for that application and no one buys an R1M to go racing.

If Honda were producing a street-based production model for customers to readily transform into a race bike, where's the support, from anybody, for that to happen? Honda says, sure, we'll play the RR street bike game. Oh, you other guys wanna up the game? Pfft. Okay, here's some electronics.
    The thing is, the CBR has always been a good bike for the street. Likely the best for that application. It doesn't claim to be anything but...

Ducati? I've always held the opinion that they're pretty much built to be race bikes, fitted with equipment to make them road legal. Yamaha, Kawasaki, BMW, Suzuki, whoever...? Can't argue their on track capabilities, not the best street bikes and not a one of them is the best race bike. So what are we arguing about?

If someone wants to take a CBR and turn it into the best race bike, it's not easily accomplished. Honda built them for what they are...replicas to be ridden on the street. That they are the underdog when taken to the track in race trim only makes their performance that much more impressive. Imagine if Honda built a street bike whose sole purpose was to be taken to the track. I could say the same about any brand, but only one brand ever does that on a regular basis, and they don't sell 'em as street bikes.

Can I exit this conversation now? I don't remember how it started...Oh, wait. I got it. Honda hate. :D

20. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I would love to buy a Honda, but recently they seem to be more of a car company. I have been riding since 73 up until the last 15 or 20 year's i mostly rode Honda's.