White plates on TD bikes?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I've got black plates, how do you feel about those? :)

2. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Yep! Good thing my last name was FIELDSHEER !!:D:crackup:

ToofPic and BigBird like this.
  3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Those are old school wera amatuer plates, you are a friend of mine now :)

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Last track day I did was about 7 years ago. Advanced group and it sucked big time. There were 2 ultra fast WERA racers there pretending it was their own personal track. I personally didn't have a problem with them but I know they scared the shit out of a few advanced td only guys. Some of the advanced riders who weren't racers scared me because their line selections sucked. I was shocked at how much of a difference there was between track day only riders and actual racers. Even novice racers are way more predictable than many track day only guys.

ToofPic, TurboBlew, Gino230 and 2 others like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Bro, your first post made it clear that it's an elitist issue. Don't try to play it like it's about safety now. :D

Seriously, why do you care? Maybe some are douches want to pretend that they race when they show their garage to their friends. But most likely, they are guys who just think it looks better on their bikes. What's next? You want to mandate what color they can paint their bikes? :D

For the record, I used stick-on yellow plates when I was doing track days before I started racing. I wouldn't have used white plates. But what other people used was not my problem.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

You need to find a better track day.

TwiztedRabbit, SpeedyE and mastermind like this.
  7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Not if the passee gets spooked and does something dumb. Outlier, I know...

8. SpeedyE

Well......Hmmm...... I believe you are 100% right :( :D

Yup..... I shouldnt. you are right again.

I'm thinking......I think if I was under hypnosis
    [​IMG]
    Deep down I would feel/know I have never accomplished anything in life, and that insignificant/meaningless white-plate was the bread-crumb I cling to. To make something of no importance, hold all importance......my brain is probably a rat-maze, LOL.

Papa, you are a good man sir! Thank you for the counselling/enlightenment session :clap::rock::clap: One mental flaw down, 6,000 more to go. I will schedule my next appointment w/ your secretary.
    Love you brother, Thank you :flag:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    motion and mastermind like this.
  9. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Good luck. Unless most are racers at at a track day right before a race weekend.

50Joe and SpeedyE like this.
  10. SpeedyE

Garth, I remember fighting w/ you on the forum, more of my insecurity BS ranting/ravings, was big argument, back in early or mid-2000's. I met you at Nesba TD shortly after that, I thought you would hate me, be mean to me. You were Super nice to me, you ran the event like a Pro, and were a bullet on the track. I still remember that vividly......You were/are a good dude. Thank you.

G 97 likes this.
  11. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I was a racer, havent been for probably 8 years now. I was an expert. I have white plates on my track day bike.
    Big deal, wanna fight about it?

12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

It's the fault of Ducati and Yamaha and any other MFGs with white graphics. Racing orgs need to boycott these "OEM white plate" models so amateurs/novices don't have to cover 'em up. You know, gotta keep costs down for the tenderfoots.

As far as getting spooked by a pass, you're in the wrong group.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’ve seen racers do as many unpredictable hair brain stuff just as much as trackdays riders. In fact, it’s typically the “racers” at trackdays who seemingly cause the most issues. At least in my experiences. Not always but plenty of times.

DaveB and turbulence like this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Thanks Eric. :beer:
    Not the first time I’ve been told my in person demeanor is way better than my online one. :crackup:

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I know my mouth is always issuing something at a trackday.
    "What the fuck are you doing?"
    "Pick a fucking line, dipshit!"
    "Geezus-fucking-christ!"
    "No, No, NO!"
    :D

Ra.Ge. Raptor, BigBird, G 97 and 2 others like this.
  16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Can`t agree there. Make some? Sure. Most? No way. Not at the ones I`ve attended.

17. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Actually AFM allows class champs to run black plates. Ran a white plate with WERA :)

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

The nerve of these guys running yellow plates. :D
    2B9FE1F1-0F8F-4E05-8843-B7D1566795FC.jpeg

stk0308, SpeedyE and TLR67 like this.
  19. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Once upon a time I ran yellow plates at trackdays in advance on a GSX-R600 I bought used from a novice racer. Ran them for years doing it. It was the years in between not racing but I left racing a 600 expert. Plates were painted on and I was not repainting a bike or dealing with vinyl number plates. I stuck my 826 number on that bike and rode it like I stole it every time I tracked it.

:p
    [​IMG]

SpeedyE likes this.
  20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

For casual reference, I won two track days this year. With white plates.