1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Is Fascinating

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Nov 8, 2018.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm with Stupid and thrak410 like this.
  2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Agreed, everything about her is so fake... Just get a RealDoll if you're into that.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They refer to her as "The Office" on the thedirty.com because of her roots in Scranton PA, lol. I think they pretty much concluded that she is also a horizontal sales associate.

5. shakazulu12

Oh for sure. That's the non-taxable income:crackup:

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It is interesting to me because my good buddy is a trainer and nutritionist and he was talking to me about how he is trying to broker some sort of a deal with one of these IG "fitness micro-celebs". Something about paying a fee to drive traffic to her site and getting her more followers in exchange for her mentioning his training and nutrition/coaching services etc etc.

I'm like, is this crap really serious? You have a chick who is basically famous for the sake of being famous (she not a REAL athlete in my eyes, does not compete in anything like that, just has like ~350K followers on her IG) and she's becoming fairly wealthy for basically doing nothing but being glued to her iPhone and uploading picture of herself doing pointless exercises in the gym which inordinate numbers of chicks are doing anyway.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't understand the hate. These chicks make money off their looks. How is that new?

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's not.

I would venture that the only hate (at least from what I'm seeing comes from their (well, some of their) dishonesty about it. If you're up front about selling poon to pay the bills then more power to you, you may be a hoe but at least you're an honest one....not saying I would bring you home to mom and wife you up of course.

But I think that the hate is mostly directed to the ones that try to mask their prostitutional (is that a word) antics under the guise of being a "social-media-influencer" or an "IG model" or a this or a that, walking around like their shit don't stink whilst also chastising other women of far greater moral fiber for not "hustling" enough to "build their empire" as they put it and/or other such tripe. Whenever I see someone claiming to be "building an empire" on social media that almost immediately signals to me that they are doing something that provides nearly zero tangible value in the real world.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, whole generation not actually doing anything.

10. shakazulu12

Not saying you are a hater. Because, yes, some of these chicks are hoes for sure. But, just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean there isn't a tangible benefit to a business for advertising in that manner. If you read the article about the hoe I linked, she says what her rates are for product placement (I'm not going back in to read it, but I think it was 8500 bucks a post). From a business perspective, she has over 8 million thirsty fuckers following her every move. That is a huge amount of reach for what really isn't much money for advertising. She's actually cheap considering what some of the heavy hitters charge (which can exceed six figures per post).

There are a lot more people whoring themselves out on digital media than you realize. Do you think that Josh Herrin is on the grid with Attack this year if he isn't monetizing his IG? Tim Ferris isn't mentioning his "Top gadgets I bought last month" for free. Hell, he takes fucking ownership interest in your company if you want to be mentioned on his podcast. You may not get why 350,000 people want to follow a fitness chick that doesn't actually do anything impressive in fitness. But, the reality is that sex sells at the end of the day. You don't see ugly people in many traditional forms of advertising either. Other thing that is interesting is a lot of IG "models" actually have a husband, kids, family and shit. However they will never mention that in public because it costs them followers when they do, which costs them hugely in income. I have met quite a few that I was positive were just prostitutes, but turned out to be totally normal and grounded.

I mean, I have also met quite a few that were even bigger hoes than their IG would even indicate. But meh, at the end of the day it's no different than golddiggers at a bar.

11. shakazulu12

I don't think you realize exactly what kind of place the Beeb is. This is not the real world. Members on her average a penis length of 11.4 inches. Roughly 80 percent of them have whooped Chuck Norris' ass in a bar fight. Their wife/significant other/harem of at least six are all 11's on the traditional 10 point scale and are also Nobel Peace Prize winners that were virgins when they met them. In addition, these woman are capable of adjusting the valves on a Ducati with one hand, while simultaneously making a sammich with the other and giving a BJ. The real world/internet really can't measure up to the kind of standards of your average Beeb member.

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

When did we meet? Was that you peeking at the urinal? :D

TurboBlew and shakazulu12 like this.
  13. ...and a squat rack.

Ive never been into the whole "lets see if I can reach a size lower than 0" bullshit runway model look where their damn thighs are the same size as their calves. That does absolutely nothing for me at all.

When I see women like that with pretty faces, I don't think "wow she is hot"...I think "she could be hot if...".

Razr and thrak410 like this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Just so long as we're all on the same page here.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

It's true that some of the more popular gals have a real following. My wife watches lots of YouTube videos of these chicks working out, testing out makeup, shit like that. It's about half of her entertainment, I would say. Many of those girls have followers in the millions.

The difference is they are DOING something. Not just posting half naked pics in the name of being a "model" and "influencer".

There are literally endless amounts of women who have 2-15k "followers" that are just posting cheese cake shots. Dime a dozen.

You should also read up on the services that allow these girls to get tens of thousands of followers that are fake, or bots. Real paid social media influencers can prove (through technological means which are way above my understanding) that their followers are real and engaged. For example, my buddy's baby mama has 13k followers, but every post gets maybe 100 likes and the same 10 perverts commenting from Afghanistan.

16. shakazulu12

All very true. Doesn't really change anything I said though. Some are thirsty hoes, some are business people and some are thirsty hoes that happen to be business people.

Gino230 likes this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

18. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

I think our current times show that all this talk of moral fiber is just that, talk.

If someone has a problem with beautiful girls using their looks for profit, this world might not be for you.

What if a beautiful girl aspired to live in a big White House and have the most powerful man in the world as her husband. Do you think a little risqué modeling and trolling the high roller circuit would get her somewhere?

the relic room likes this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This needs to be pinned in the beeb rules section.

badmoon692008, Funkm05 and motoboy like this.
  20. Before IG, most of the guys here only had their local strip clubs to define “hot.”