1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | MAL | Sepang | 2018 | Nov 2 - Nov 4

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Nov 1, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

See, it's stuff like this… :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

What race were you watching? Marquez hung back at about the 1.1-1.2 second gap (which I am assuming was a tire save) and unleashed the cork towards the end of the race cutting the gap in half until Rossi decided to chuck it down the road.

Had Rossi not chucked it down the road he may have won the race, but Marquez would have been directly on his ass applying pressure.

BigBird likes this.
  3. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

they are both pretty good. like it or not, it really is mostly the machinery that determines the outcome at this level.

but next year is sure to prove.. what a great back-up rider GL really is.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The real MVR is Catfish Saiyan. That dude is fast! He's had a decent rookie season.

5. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Couldn't agree more. He made a hell of a recovery.

Hope he nips Morbidelli for rookie of the year.

6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that had a flashback of SIC58 when MM crashed but didn't crash in front of Iannone?

7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Not sure I follow. MM had a little wiggle from the rear end and saved it (or his electronics did). Sic was basically propping the bike up with his entire body for quite awhile as he veered back into the racing line, to his peril.

I do agree that it must be stressful to follow MM knowing just how often he comes up with miraculous saves, and the following rider possibly not knowing how and where to adjust their line when he gets twisted up......

badmoon692008, Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  8. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I think no matter how hard you try and use the right technique of looking through and ahead of you not at the rider in front directly, only the aliens could have stopped themselves from reacting to that given Iannone's proximity to Marquez's back wheel.

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I guess if you call .2 a lap "unleashed". You could tell he was out of shape and on the edge getting that .2 a lap.

turbulence and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I dunno, i would go along with that premise.

One could really assume it was pressure on Rossi if he had lost the front going in to the corner or losing the rear while getting out.

Here he lost the rear while trail braking, he isn't directly controlling the rear, the electronic likely is. I doubt he was braking the rear going to a right hand corner. Basically, it wasn't a direct action from Rossi that ended is ass on the ground.

Perhaps one could still blame pressure if he should have change mapping to account for his tyre losing grip and he didn't...

Anyway, the biggest losers are perhaps us, we lost an opportunity for another track fight and, with a bit of luck, a shitload more psycho-drama due to a fall... :D

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you fools seriously believe that Rossi would have crashed if Marquez was five seconds back? No pressure my ass… :D

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

That was more than a little wiggle. It looked like the rear was 8 to 12 inches out of line and MM's right foot was off the peg and flailing around. MM doesn't even seem to notice little wiggles and I am sure he noticed that.

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Anybody notice that Rossi finally had to ride the bike like Jorge to get any results? Breakaway start, metronome like consistency......

:) (Jorge did....)

14. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

its not VR that cant handle MM, its Yamaha cant handle the Honda pressure.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Someone compared George to VR46 :crackup:

But I am still in shock on how VR46 just shoved away the the track workers, one in the head and the other in the chest. :mad:

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:This thread just keeps on giving...

The Yamaha is claimed to be shitty but Rossi cracks under pressure and crashes out of the lead and the race ends with Yamahas in 3rd and 4th. Ya, the bike is a real turd. Had anyone but Rossi done that people would be talking about how that rider threw away a win...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Put yourself in his shoes...........you just threw away possibly your only chance at a win this season (and likely 2nd in the championship) after leading every lap, and now a bunch of cornerworkers want to come up and hug you like you owe them something.........nope.

[​IMG]

The only reason he stopped on that track whatsoever was to give his fan-club a little love.

18. Yeah, definitely no comparison -Lorenzo beat Marquez. No one else has managed to do that.

19. Not "likely," definitely. It is now impossible for Rossi to finish 2nd, even if he were to win in Valencia and Dovizioso DNF. If Rossi had settled for a podium finish, rather than crashing while going for a win, he would still be in the hunt for 2nd in the championship. Now it looks like he has a good chance to finish 4th in the championship.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Don't think they came up to him because he owed them something, think they just wanted a little love of their own seeing probably a hero of theirs up close and personal.

How else do you explain them acting like little teenagers at a concert, because he owed them something or they were just like wow he's right here ?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018