1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | MAL | Sepang | 2018 | Nov 2 - Nov 4

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

With Michelin being a tire that needs being managed, sepang being a slick track, the 2nd catching up to the leader, umm yeah yamaha, get your shit together :crackup:

crashman and deepsxepa like this.
  2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/motogp/whats-going-yamaha

Yamaha problem.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yamaha was doing just fine with two bikes in the top three for most of the race.

And this was Malaysia, not Thailand. (Robby-Bobby reference) :crackup:

badmoon692008 and crashman like this.
  4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It's posts like this that make me realize I'm a Rossi fan and not an Uccio.

rocalotopus and scottn like this.
  5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Aren't they the same?? Lol

So you're going to be lost when he retires then?

Edit - you calling me a uccio? Couldn't be further from the truth.... Yamaha fan first and foremost.

6. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'll be sad, but I watched all the races when he was at Ducati, which is practically the same as not being in the field.

:up:Cool, I believe you and understand the frustration. I do disagree as to where fault lies in a single bike crash, but I understand how you want your brand to do well.

thrak410 likes this.
  7. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Yes, live, too waaaay too long... I thought you meant they penalized him. Agreed, the look was great, the duration and then failure to start was >>>bad<<<

8. They should have penalized him for that. It was supposed to be a spectacle, but they turned into an abortion.

9. wac

wac Well-Known Member

93 should get another -P6 for making 29 crash.:D

10. AI29 should penalize himself for getting suckered into crashing. Once upon a time he went toe-to-toe with MM93 and beat him. Now AI29 is MM93’s bitch.

rocalotopus likes this.
  11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Some of the comments on here are amazing.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

#beebcommitteeofroadracingexperts

crashman likes this.
  13. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Marquez lost the front on purpose to shake Iannone off his seat and make him crash. Now that the LOLZ are out of the way.

Rossi was amazing with his consistency, but he did crash, you can't put the fault on anything else. But to say Yamaha are doing fine just because Vinales had a win and Rossi led for most of this race is as accurate as saying all of Marquez's insane saves are a result of his traction control system. Yamaha are nowhere near where they should be and still have a lot of work to do to be competitive for a full season.

One thing I would like some insight into is the reason for the crash. So is it correct to say he let the bike rev too high on entry for that specific corner at that lean angle so the rear gave up? I.E. had the RPM been hypothetically speaking 500RPMs less, he wouldn't have crashed?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

0.1 seconds accuracy lap after lap until he crashed, on a long lap circuit. That's amazing.

The bike needs to catch up to Rossi. MM93 at his very best, pushing without any concern for crashing, could barely hang with Vale. Give Vale a good bike and he will be untouchable!

pscook likes this.
  15. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

it always seems like MM93 can find that little bit extra, no matter what. has to be brutally hard mentally to race against.

I'd hate to be on pit board duty in that (VR46) situation today.

16. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I want Rossi to be a pallbearer at my funeral so he can let me down one last time.

badmoon692008, Retriever15 and Razr like this.
  18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Don't worry about dying too soon. The mans got at least another year on his contract to keep your desires fulfilled.

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

As Montreal Canadiens fan, I now know what leafs fans feel like every spring :)

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Moto 2 Race was awesome. Nice to see a first time winner and some great sportsmanship between the title contenders. I like Olivera and hope he does alright in the big league.