1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

If school wasn’t so hectic right now I’d consider driving out of town to pick one up today. Although in the time I just spent making an amazon wishlist I could have probably gone there and been back by now....

2. TheGrouchyCat

What’s y’all opinion on iwb vs a tuckable iwb holster? I won’t be carrying for another year or two, but I want to train with the one I’d use. I see two I like on amazon, cardini iwb, and cardini tuckable iwb. As an engineer I’ll probably be wearing a button up or polo shirt for 90% of the remainder of my life I’m guessing lol.

3. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

It amazon, buy it and try it out, return if it’s not what you’re looking for.

Chances are you holster count will outnumber your handguns 2-1 anyway.

Steeltoe and TheGrouchyCat like this.
  4. TheGrouchyCat

The raffle paid off! Got a phone call and thought my Glock came in. Turns out I won a savage axis .243. Now I just need to decide whether to sell it and cut some of my losses on the Glock, or put a nice scope on it and hit the range this summer when I get some more cash.
    [​IMG]

Steak Travis and Steeltoe like this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

^^Congrats man^^

TheGrouchyCat likes this.
  6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Score!

On the holster thing it's like womens shoes. You just have to try on a ton. I just buy used ones off gun forums usually when I switch platforms and then resell the ones that don't work.

7. TheGrouchyCat

Yea I got the tuckable one that way I can test whether I like tuckable while also testing whether I like the cardini brand quality. I’ve got my gun safe, cleaning kit (froglube), tourniquet/first aid, holster, gun rug, dummy rounds, ear muffs, and Glock-tool coming in this week. I think it’ll be enough to start out.

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

IWB holsters such as a Vedder...etc. with clip and wing arm are significantly better for training and general daily use from my experience. Tuckables are prone to moving around and that’s not something conducive to reliability if you get caught in a bad spot.

9. shakazulu12

Now that I stare at it closer. CZ absolutely nailed it with their plate system for their optic ready P-10's. It's cut way into the slide so the sights co-witness and the plates look to have a bit of a pocket to support the sight better. Looks like they listened to all the bitching about the iron sights and the mag release too. Plus USA made now. The want is strong.

[​IMG]

DrA5 likes this.
  10. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Our 2nd shift super has one in .270. Had me put a different scope on it for him. Took it out to the range and its quite a nice shooter for little money.

As for IWB holsters, I like Crossbreeds. Have one for my Baby Eagle .45 (my normal CCW pistol), one for my M&P9 and a owb one for a LCP with laser. Good retention of weapon, very little movement, adjustable ride height and angle and stays put when drawing.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How many women’s shoes do you own?

12. shakazulu12

Don't have to own them to be an expert:crackup:

[​IMG]

MachineR1, tiggen and Razr like this.
  13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Photo likes this.
  14. TheGrouchyCat

Do you have the kydex or elastic version? Looks nice!

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

16. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

A plug for Alien Gear’s tuck series. I’ve got one and love it.

rk97 likes this.
  17. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

They have a new platform (shapeshift?) that i believe converts from IWB to OWB. If i didn’t already own their cloak tuck, i would be in the market. Probably just going to buy a fobus paddle holster for OWB now.

I used to carry at work. I can’t now. I’m in a weird spot where all but my newest pants fit weird without a IWB holster...

18. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Why can't you carry at work "now". Curious as to what changed.

19. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Got my fun gun set up
    Tikka 6.5 creed moor
    20 moa rail
    Athlon Ares ETR
    seekins rings

[​IMG]

gt#179 and CB186 like this.
  20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So I made a discovery this week that may help your friend(or atleast give it a try).
    I picked up a couple pounds of powder last weekend, and figured I might as well grab some 143 ELD-Xs. They have a further set back ogive than the 140's, so I set 3 different jumps. Once the barrel came back in(took 6 shots after cleaning it), I shot 13 X's in a row(1moa X)@600. My friend who was pulling the target for me, said I had 5-7 in a row that were in a 2" group. All the rest were also in the right half of the X ring. It didn't care about the jump, it just shot lights out. Have him try a box of the Precision Hunter 143's.