1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protecting that new-car shine

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Sep 22, 2018.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I know there are other products besides wax but I've never used any.
    I'm starting with a brand new factory finish so I want to use the right stuff right from the start, especially since winter will be upon us before we know it.
    What will protect that shine best?
    It's Cajun Red, btw.

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ceramic coating. Professionally applied.

freedomgli, sdiver and BigBird like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been wondering about that too, keep seeing spam for ceramic coatings that look too good to be true.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure that is not something other than wax :D

6. Sabre699

True...but the best.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Even if it's new paint correction needs to happen before a coating is applied. Be prepared for some labor related expense along with the cost of the coating.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

after you do paint correction/color sanding/clay bar? :D

9. Venom51

For about 3 weeks. Until the sun beats it to death. Better than nothing but not the best. Perhaps the best at adding some depth and gloss but not the best protection you can put on the paint.

10. Venom51

If you don't wash and re-apply a wax, either natural or synthetic, often then a ceramic sealant would be a good choice. Surface prep however is the key to one not failing prematurely. Also read and research carefully. There is a lot of snake oil and over hype in a lot of that market.

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. Sabre699

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Shrink wrap, your welcome. :D

13. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

14. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

I used Pinnacle Black Label Diamond paint coating along with their prep products with decent results. Its been on the truck for 6 -7 months down here in sunny fla , still can just pretty much rinse the truck off with water and its beading up.Truck sits outside 24/7 , Its close to another coating though.

15. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Jescar Powerlock Plus. Make sure car is clayed and wiped down with a proper degreaser first.

Follow up with Collinite 845 wax after about 12 hr cure time.

16. Venom51

Sort of funny but if he wants to throw some money at it the car can be completely wrapped in a 6 mil clear protective film. The GT4 has it on every exterior surface. Xpel products.

sdiver likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Is this a Porsche or other high end car? If not, who cares?
    But, if you want that paint to stay fresh for the life of the car...:stupid:

What I'm saying is, wrap it or don't worry about it. Wax won't stop the everyday nicks, chips and scratches that accompany every new car purchase and you'll get those sooner rather than later until it's completely like, aw, fuck it...shoulda wrapped it.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Your belongings, loaded into said vehicle.

Then move to some place that doesn't get 100' of snow every year and the requisite sand/salt that goes with that.

StaccatoFan, panthercity and Sabre699 like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Cajun Red is a Chevy Color. The ceramic coating may outlive the car [emoji16]

Ceramic coatings are good, wraps are better but very expensive.

Sent from my smatrfone

20. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

C Magic Wax

MANY Peable Beach winners, a small cult like following, and a cool small business success story.

Full disclosure: I'm the son of the founder/owner.