For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Nothing keeping anyone out of my house but themselves. Plenty of ways to access the house that were installed when it was built. No need to leave things out on the lawn to get ruined by the elements. You don't want junk do you?

I do but your boy probably plays upside down and backwards from me. Does he have an interest in drums by chance? I got a perfectly good Roland TD-8 kit I'd donate to him.

Brad likes this.
  2. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Hmm..you must be a lefty like my wife. 'Splains a lot! :Poke::crackup:

Oddly enough, he's one of the better drummer boys in 6th grade percussion according to the teacher.(for what that's worth! :D) Not sure a real set wouldn't vaporize our nerves. That practice pad does a pretty good job.... but, I'll run it by the Mrs and might touch base with you!:bow:

3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

In 10 years I got off at the wrong floor quite a bit, but only ever tried the key twice because I realized before getting to the door. You know, sober stuff. The most egregious time of attempting to unlock someone else's door, I had been drinking whiskey for 9+ hours after my fiance and I got into a fight. The friend who was with me found his condo, but puked all over his sober, sleeping wife :crackup:

Wingnut and Brad like this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...

That's the beauty of digital drums. They have a volume control. Put him in a set of head phones and you couldn't hear him if you were in the next room.

Brad likes this.
  5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

First off, I think she should have never been a cop. She’s had issues before, and doesn’t seem have the ability to handle a tough situation. In her defense, she’s coming off a 15 hour shift so she’s tired, she unknowingly parked on the wrong floor, then discovered the door unlocked when attempting to use her key. Then the room was black and that’s where she failed. She got scared, didn’t properly assess her situation and it fell apart from there. I feel sorry for her, she was in over her head from day one. That said, she will have to pay for what she did.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Honestly - back out and call for backup. But that is assuming she was still at/near the door.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then you've never worked long hours.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it's when I open the door - absolutely, I'd slam the door, get back a ways, have my weapon out and call 911.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No imagine the apartment number is in some designery cute but not eye level place....

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

And assuming he wasn’t approaching her aggressively. If I were him and she just broke into my place, I don’t expect I’d be nice about it.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The one neighbor was talking about door mats, the occasional plant and/or trashcan by the doors - which leads me to believe those are the only way to tell them apart. Other reports mentioned the difference was a different colored doormat, something very easy to not notice when tired.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Either way she fucked up - absolutely no denying it. But I can see a situation where it could easily happen and if this is one then I truly feel bad for all of those involved included the one who fucked up.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You have got to be kidding me. Seriously?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Commands are a totally moot point.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are so many of them out there where the only single difference is the number on/near the door it's not even funny. And then you have them not want to ruin the aesthetic so the numbers are tiny our out of the way... I can easily see it happening when you're exhausted - which is a lot like being drunk. Sometimes even worse for cognitive stuff.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He is saying he himself no way.

17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:
    I'm actually clowned at work still for the time I bought socks at the grocery store after not going home for three days. Hell, our whole crew showed up for five days of CES setup a couple years ago with the only sleep we'd had in 48 hours being the flight to Vegas.

A 15 hour shift doesn't begin to explain the number of signs she missed between parking her car and shooting the guy. Not even close.

sheepofblue and SuddenBraking like this.
  18. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

There's a lot of conflicting information regarding how the shooter gained access to the apartment. Was the door closed and locked, locked but ajar, unlocked, unlocked and open, opened with the shooters key, something else? Every article I've read lays out a different condition of entry to the apartment.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

"No way I make that mistake." I'm not speaking for anyone else.

At some point between the elevator and the door, some detail is going to look different.

Funkm05 likes this.
  20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Assuming the police report is accurate that she gained access to the apartment when she tried to enter, how many signs did she miss? I’ll start: she was on the wrong floor. And ... go ...