1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Championship of Utah | 20 Jul - 22 Jul

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 20, 2018.

1. I highly doubt it would add entries and In fact I think you may even lose some. I do think they need to keep refining the rules for a bit more parity but it’s good racing. Need a few more competitive riders / bikes out there but I can tell you I look forward to watching it as it’s usually damn good show.

turner38 likes this.
  2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Toss the stock displacement rule
    "Up to 690cc water cooled 4 valve twins"
    "Up to 803cc air cooled 2 valve twins"

This locks in the Yamaha at 689cc, a 2 mil on the Kawi makes it 680cc, a 2 mil on the SV makes it 677cc

Ducati should homologate the 796/797, and the KTM790 can go race AFT.

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Huh?

I had a WERA license in 1983 and pretty much though 2001. I also had a CCS license for about 7 or so years. I retired from the M/C industry after 45 years in 2016.
    So correct me if I'm wrong but any actual OEM or tire manufacturer active or not employees post on the forum? And what's a big guy?

4. I’ll be truly honest I don’t know enough about those bikes to say what’s the most cost effective way to equal them out but seems like what you are proposing I a somewhat cost effective way of doing that.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So I'm curious, does it take lots of alcohol or meth to quote your own post and add a :D to it only 4 minutes after you originally posted it?

I'm certain in your midnight intoxicated post, you assumed you were quoting someone else?

Great work Napoleon!!!!

6. That took a lot of preparation tailgating to do that :)

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm still trying to figure out if Roy is always drunk or just brain damaged :D

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Amazing how many of these guys and teams totally neglect to use social media. Pramac Ducati is really good on all platforms.

shakazulu12 and turbulence like this.
  9. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

MA is really pushing that this year with the whole "Social Cup" thing. I think half of us (teams, not riders) are just too old to really get it.

10. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Currently Lost

Well he does live in Mississippi so it's probably both. :crackup:

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Thanks Mongo I didn't think my question was out of line. But does posting on this forum cause brain damage? :Poke:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes. Look at me over the past twenty years or so.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

MotoAmerica's facebook page has 108,079 followers.
    Pramac Ducati has 525,857

Pramac Ducati's Instagram has
    • 5,167 posts
    MotoAmerica Instagram has
    • 1,772 posts

That's not counting views and people who look but don't subscribe. Some of those could be bots or dead accounts as well I guess.
    In any case Pramac Ducati puts out some quality stuff. If a team is not on the podium or getting much camera time they still have huge potential for sponsorship.

5axis and t11ravis like this.
  14. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Josh Herrin's IG

1,195 posts
    117k followers

i think a big part of his "comeback" here in the states is his social media posts/stunts/promotions. he's also very accessible to the fans. He's marketing himself very well.

5axis, Boman Forklift and Steeltoe like this.
  15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

He seems to have become a disciple of Gary V, which I am all for btw. I think he's next level when it comes to that among his peers and hope some of the others follow suit.

16. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I think it’s not something easily replicated. There will always be a few standouts in any sport with great social media profiles and followings due to how they portray themselves and entertain their following.

Most people are just plain boring to follow and post the same crap every day. Josh is getting better and better at it but there is also a fine line between going full Ronnie Mac (which many teams may not like when picking a rider) and being too square like most people (as I said above).

Hopefully he and people like him continue to figure it out and do it well.

17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I agree, but there is a wealth of information out there on how to develop brand awareness using social media. Read any Gary V stuff and you will see he's following the formula. It may look random, but there is actually a science to it and it can be learned/taught. Now whether anyone else is willing to commit to it is another story. For a sport like motorcycle racing in the US, I think it could be a gamechanger if the series could get everyone on board and really push the platforms. I've only recently started incorporating focused social media presence into my business and I'm already getting more revenue because of it.

18. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Finally got around to watching the supersprt race. Man, Yamaha better lock up Hyden. Kid is riding his ass off.

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

He's authentic - and he works at it. It's a rare trait today to see racers who aren't generating cookie-cutter material.

20. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

What was the verdict of Jake Lewis' bike problem in Race 1?