1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Sachsenring | Germany | 2018 | Jul 13-Jul 15

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Jul 10, 2018.

1. zjay

zjay Well-Known Member

I didn't hear it either.

2. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

This....?

And 2 Yammies on da box... :clap:

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Maybe they thought "Folger" was something else? I didn't hear it either, whatever "it" was.

In other not so news, is Jorge ever going to get a clue and stop running soft front tires. Literally the same thing happens ever time he does that.

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Seems Yamaha has lowered their expectations celebrating being 1st and 2nd losers. :D

Razr likes this.
  5. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I think he stuttered Folger and it came out as "and theeeyy saay, fack Folger was good with the Yamaha, we have to do the same, have to do the same" etc.

Who knows, I had to watch it a few times to pick it up. Maybe they can live censor and weren't sure if the tech worked properly.

turbulence likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

That Maverick interview...

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What did he say?

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Generally he always says: "But anyway, we give our 'undreed percent. The bike is good but we need to fix the electronics, but anyway, we give our best...."

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

His manager was on the Eurosport studio show from 8:30 AM until an hour after the MotoGP race, at 4 PM. They're on the air basically anytime bikes are not running (warm-up, races). He was peppered with questions all day and kept dancing around what personal issues might exist, and told them many times that some of their questions should be addressed to Zarco. Anyone who has followed Zarco's career long enough knows that he spent seven years sleeping on Fellon's couch, and that Fellon has never shied away from answering questions for Zarco. First of all, the fact that he was in Paris, and not at the race was suspicious enough. He explained that they have an understanding that he's going to start focusing more on his son's racing career, as he is reaching an age (16) that will require more of Fellon's time if he's going to be a professional racer. But you could tell there was something else going on that he did not want to talk about on TV. And the other four guys on the set were trying to pry it out of him, heavily hinting that the relationship might have changed as Zarco's status changed. Other people possibly gaining more influence. I don't know what's going on, but something isn't the same.

That said, when I posted that tweet yesterday, my own personal guess (with absolutely zero basis in fact) was that it had to have something to do with the girl. :D
    Lever.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Color me all sorts of confused as it pertains to Zarco's "as the world turns" situation.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd think Zarco is a bit pissed in hindsight about passing up on the Repsol seat.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Fellon was adamant today again that he made the right decision. He's convinced that Marquez can't be beaten on equal equipment. So you gamble that someone might be able to make a better bike.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

How soon until he's eating his words when Zarco's having trouble cracking the top 10?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

So is Joe Roberts getting better or worse?

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Well after Rossi's praise Folger should have a good shot at being yamaha's test rider if he wants to next year..

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Thus far I'd say neither, looks to be about stationary give or take.

Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 12.01.45 PM.png

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If Top 10 was the goal, I would not bet against them. You might as well just give them your money now. But they are quite a bit more ambitious than that.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Papa, what's the word on Movistars bailing on Yamaha? They sticking around with another team next year?

19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

No love for Alvaro? Dude rode a great race trying to look good to prospective teams...

Boman Forklift and Phl218 like this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He should've done that when there were plenty of seats open.

Talking about "should have," Miguel Oliveira would win the love more races if he could qualify worth a damn on that KTM. And I was happy for Marini. Can't be easy trying to make a name for yourself in that shadow, even though the flipside of the coin (endless opportunities) is pretty damn good.

aaronson and Robby-Bobby like this.