1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I doubt it.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Obviously I don't know the track....I can only say when Tyler set a bunch of SV track records he was usually at least 2 seconds quicker than his 125 times. Now his 125 times were mostly not track records, although he ran 1:55's on his 125 out at Buttonwillow and Cameron Buebier went 1:54's or 55's when the track was in much better shape, many years before. His SV didn't run on both cylinders that weekend, but I'm pretty confident he would have been 2-3 seconds quicker.

53's at CVMA, SV rack record at the time and a track record of a 56.x on the 125, at that time
    22's at Vegas with bad setup and he ran 24's at Vegas on the 125 which was off the record
    35's at AAA speedway SV record and he could only do 37's or 38's on his 125
    27's at Willow is still a track record and he only ran the 125 there one time so no good comparison, but I think he did a 29?.

I guess the biggest negative for him and would be for Tyler too, is they weigh more now, versus when they ran 125's.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't understand Tinder.

4. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

So what you’re saying is Tyler was about 2 seconds faster on the SV vs. 125, got it. Solid case you built there. Lol ;)

5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

What's your move?

[​IMG]

MachineR1 and Shenanigans like this.
  6. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

It was all that extra power we made putting a different map in it Danny, chain just couldn't take the abuse. Pushed it right over the edge... Apologies :D

turner38 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um....nope.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yep, regular guy said I doubt it, so I put down the numbers. Sorry I used up all your bandwidth.:crackup:

9. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

I was in a goofy mood last night and laughed when reading your post. I’m also a Dad and read the pride you have in your son in your posts and in this case, how you remembered all those lap times.

Good stuff all around.

Sometimes it’s hard to laugh at posts and make a satirical reply without sounding like a smartass. The smiley showed you got it!

Happy 4th :flag:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

You are about running over the other guys mid corner due to your higher corner speed. Not kissing ass, but you are and it’s obvious. They are screwed if you up your game.

Gonna be tough at Miller with the super long straight but we thought the same for RA and you pretty much had that race won if not for that little slip up.

Look forward to meeting you at Pitt. Good luck the rest of the season and you got this!

JBall likes this.
  11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I think we have the top speed relatively close with the ram air. The 645cc SV is still hurting on acceleration compared to the 689cc FZ07. The tracks with bus stop corners are tough. The more flowing tracks even things up a bit.

I recently had somebody ask me if I thought Madana was rolling out of it at Road America trying to hide his hand..

12. He’s an “ok” dad :). Well a damn good one and done did a great job raising a great all around kid on and off the track.

13. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Thanks man!
    Mid corner speed has always been my "go to" , especially when i was riding the R3. I use to ride the front tire more back in the day but have developed a more "early on the gas" and steer with the rear tire strategy that has worked with every bike beside this new SV. New is longer and i cant change anything per rules, so i just need to change back to old school style and depend more on entrance steering.

I use the same tire as the bike bikes and they turn at a far more rate of speed the SV will, so i have zero excuse right?

14. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Late braking always makes me feel i scrub off too much speed though..

In deep, stop, turn, shoot...
    The R3 nd SV doesn't like it..

Throws off shift patterns.

15. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

And?

16. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I struggle w/ the same thing. I slow less if brake a little early and just hold the brake longer & lighter. We all know its possible to go deeper AND hold the corner speed - its just really hard!

5axis likes this.
  17. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Definitely not

18. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

IDK I can always get behind a good conspiracy theory

Boman Forklift and t11ravis like this.
  19. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Me too, for the entertainment value at least.

20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I ran the 2662 front and 0129 rear (super soft) last weekend and it worked beautifully. It will be a little cooler come September, so they might give us the 097, but my bet is the super soft.

If anyone is planning on doing a 32, can you let me know in advance so I don't waste $1500 coming up there? :crackup:

SundaySocial and No Brakes like this.