For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The comment below may not be as adamant about the progress as you want, but just on this same page alone....
    I fully acknowledge that things are better in today's world where we can watch the police and as we as a society have progressed our thinking on race. I also don't need the media "today" to tell me shit. I've had enough first person experience with police to form my own opinions and also am quite aware of how statistics work. No different than the hysteria I ignore about how someone is watching my child 24/7 waiting to kidnap them.
    There are still people alive who were direct recipients of that policing and others who administered it.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you know those things why do you keep reverting to posting the stuff I originally responded to? Why not be specific in your condemnation?

There are people alive who were the recipients of ill treatment by the Nazis and Stalin. That is no reason to heap hate on every German or Russian that is alive now. That kind of attitude makes no sense to me. Save the hate for those deserving of it and don't paint any diverse group of people like cops with on brush. That leads to stupid people doing stupid shit like that girl on the beach in Jersey. If she'd been taught cops are just people and all people deserve at least polite interaction if not respect she'd have never been arrested. However she fell for the crap about how cops are evil and should be actively disrespected at all times.

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

LOL, ohhh so you're one of those Liberal mind readers, who know what I meant.....Gotcha! ;);) And you INSIST on making IQ jokes on people who oppose your liberal views? LOL! I don't know how old you are but keep up the good work, one day, you might actually achieve a gold star from other elitist Liberals who know it all too. :eek:

"Do 'I' really believe there isn't a history of racial violence from police"??? o_O Do you make all this shit up in your own head??? I mean TWICE in one posting you THINK you know what I'm saying which always seems to be contrary to the words I've already typed in here on the subject. That's a special kind of something....no?

So let me be clear again for you, NO I didn't nor ever did say or suggest that. But what I find even more amusing is your insistence that even back when I started my LE career that racial violence was running rampant during that time too, is that what you're saying/suggesting/insinuating??? Because if it is, just tell me now so I can start ignoring your stupid BS posts again.....LOL!

" I was likely trained by racists".....:crackup: Fucking nitwit......please tell me again how I was WRONG in defining you to being a white apologist? :crackup:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  4. Chino52405

I have painted no one with a broad brush aside from mentioning the police being the action arm of an openly racist past.

However, when it comes to cops, they do not get any pass from me as being "mostly good". That will never be good enough and every cop should be outraged by the bad ones. You say the thin blue line isn't what it used to be...I believe that is true in it being less all-encompassing, but it is still very present and works very well when they want it to. I will never forget the video of a nearly 275 lbs off duty police officer curb stomping a 22 year old female bartender for cutting him off - then walking. I will not forget the off-duty police officer driving the wrong way on 90/94 at 2am and killing two teenagers - and walking. I will not forget how ~10 police officers allowed the city to cover up (for 2 years) the cowboy cop who showed up and immediately emptied more than an entire clip into Laquan McDonald.

What other groups do is not worthy of the same level of scrutiny or punishment because other groups are not given power and authority to abuse or hide behind.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet you'll forget the millions of other cops who did nothing remotely like that. Sad. Plenty of other groups get away with much more day in and day out too. Gangs in Chicago is one good example.

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Wow, he's not even bright enough to see his own bias, while it's still fresh in his head. :crackup:

7. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Dude, when did a say i supported the cop?

8. Chino52405

I don't understand the obsession with comparing police officers to gangbangers. You're not the only one to do it and this isn't the only place that shows up. I will never expect criminals to operate with the same honor, character or restraint, as I would expect from a police officer.
    Ok, what that means, genius, is that while I recognize that the vast majority of people working in law enforcement are good people, in my opinion, the institution will never be allowed to say that being "mostly good" is an acceptable place to rest.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As with everyone in here you have accused of doing so your posts ignoring his actions while focusing on other things have shown you to be in support of the cop....

Your own words. You ignore the actions of the cop to complain about people on here - for ignoring the actions of the cop... Of course I can't forget Sudden who did the exact same thing he accuses the cop supporters of doing...

:crackup:

10. jase

Guess you caught me.

No, i do not support the cop.

You win a gold star. Congrats!!!

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Large groups of people who protect their own. According to your posts about cops they are the same as gangs. Yet daily you're in here complaining about cops and not gangs. Hell, if we go large groups of people who protect their own I have other examples if gangs upsets you - one that actually covers a lot of why cops get protected - unions.

When called out on it you will grudgingly admit this - yet your normal posts are negative towards all cops. Which is it? Do you think most are good or they're all bad? You've posted both things in this thread.

12. jase

Isn't that what the Dungeon for, to bitch and complain about anything and everything?

It works both ways. You guys bitch and complain about the left, do we are doing what the Dungeon is designed for. Even though it leans way right.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not trying to catch anyone, just pointing out that you can't jump that far to reach a conclusion. I know you don't support bad cops. I don't think anyone here truly does (trolls may say so of course). In this case it was so obvious the cop fucked up I'm not sure anyone really felt a need to say so. I could see a discussion about the sentencing but I also get how vitriolic that article was about cops and men and everything else making it hard to narrow in on something like the sentencing. The authors style stood out more than anything other than the cops actions - which we all agree were beyond bad. So that was the next thing to talk about.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Chino is being hypocritical so I'm pointing it out. I get bitching but there is nothing wrong with being specific and not casting all people of ANY group in with bad guys. I could never understand racists who assume all black kids are gangbangers. It makes no sense. The overwhelming majority of black youth are good kids just growing up. Same as any other race. I don't get people - especially those who state flat out the majority of cops are indeed good - grouping all cops together and assuming they're all bad because a tiny minority is. It makes no sense. Bitch about the bad cops all day long and I'll support you 100%, but don't do so and insinuate or flat out state it's all cops or all cops will of course protect the bad ones because that's just stupid and doesn't happen. That's when I point and laugh.

XFBO likes this.
  15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

This post is but yet another example of why you should really avoid denigrating others who disagree with your police biases.

I call BS to your recognizing the vast majority of LE personnel being "good people", if that were the case you wouldn't agree or support the BS narrative that has taken over the topic regarding racism in LE. I mean how in Fck can a person rationalize in one breath that the vast majority are good folk then in the next support that there is rampant racism in LE??? Talk about circular arguments. :rolleyes:

And let me clear up your "mostly good" script, it's far better than that and we have the numbers to prove it. The institution will never be allowed to accept those facts because of race baiting hustlers and untruths being regurgitated to our inner city folks.

16. Chino52405

Yeah, never even slightly insinuated this, ever.
    Ooooh, I have a special soapbox just for unions and the incompetence they protect and promote.
    Normal posts are negative toward cops just like there aren't positive teacher posts in that thread nor are there a whole lot of news articles about a priest who just said mass and didn't touch any kids. I believe 99% of cops are honest people. I believe 99% of cops will do their duty trying to interject as little prejudice as possible for a human. I also believe (at the same time) that more than 1% of cops are racist - unless every single one of those bastards in the years I sat in an SCCA safety truck just happened to be in a 1%. I absolutely quit volunteering because I couldn't take another day listening to guys with mustaches entertain each other with racist jokes.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But the thing is you have - even unknowingly. You think cops are a group that protects it's own when some members do bad things. How is that any different than any gang from the Mafia through MS13?

:crackup:

Yet in the teacher thread no one accuses all teachers of banging students. In the rare discussion of priests touching little boys - well that one tends to devolve to all priests are pervs. But just the Catholics.

I just realized something about racism last night. I hadn't really thought about it in a while other than discussions on here, but even in the diverse places I hang out all across the country I hear less and less of it by such a huge amount compared to even 20 years ago that a simple moronic racist comment someone made was actually jarring to hear.[/quote][/QUOTE]

18. Chino52405

Very true and that was my SCCA story in a nutshell ~2010. They weren't even witty jokes, just the straight racist punchline stuff I heard from the back of the school bus in the early 80's - felt surreal.

19. river rat

river rat Well-Known Member

20. jase