MotoGP 2019 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 24, 2018.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

No way Lorenzo goes to a satellite Yamaha along with a massive pay cut...his ego would never let him crawl back to Yamaha like Rossi did after his equally disastrous Ducati experience. Rossi would have a field day with that! Rossi will be a Yamaha brand ambassador for the rest of his life, you can't say that about Lorenzo.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I kinda hope Lorenzo goes to anprovateer yamaha and returns to beating Rossi on lesser equipment!

3. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Is this how people talked about Jordan when he was playing basketball?

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why Suzuki would pick Joan Mir over Lorenzo. I know Mir is the new hot thing, but isn’t that why they signed Rins? Dude hits the deck half the time lately, how are he and a MotoGP rookie going to develop that bike when they don’t even have satellite machines? As far as Mir goes, yeah he’s the new hotness but he hasn’t proved shit in MotoGP and it’d be a big gamble. Sometimes those guys work out really well and sometimes they’re a bust. Mir would make sense if they were going to dump Rins in a year and hire an experienced guy to partner him. Yeah Jorge hasn’t done much lately, but he didn’t jump on the Ducati and forget how to ride. I’d say he’s still the best rider on the grid next to Marquez. Plus Lorenzo would come ultra cheap for a proven champion still in his prime riding years.

If Lorenzo hadn’t jumped on the Duc he’d still be winning races and challenging for the title.

I hope the Joan Mir rumor is just a negotiating tactic and they sign George.

I don’t see Lorenzo wanting to crawl back to Yamaha, but would he rather leave MotoGP while he’s still competitive? Lorenzo is better than either Yamaha factory rider.

It’d be truly incredible if he were left in the cold.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

$$$

rcarson15 likes this.
  7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

If Jorge hadn’t taken Dovi out and if Jorge hadn’t tried his rolling roadblock BS tactic again and forced Dovi to take a risk to get round him and crashed he’d be leading or in 2nd too. There are always plenty of what ifs. I never said Valentino doesn’t deserve his ride or that they should dump him and replace him with a young gun or some BS because he sucks. The problem with Valentino isn’t racing performance. He simply sucks up all the oxygen at Yamaha because he’s Valentino. They don’t seem to listen to Maverick even though they hired him to be the future of the factory. Rossi and his crew are seemingly more powerful than the Yamaha bosses. He’s simply so big that he’s preventing Yamaha from moving forward or evolving. Look at the problems he’s causing for Yamaha with their satellite team, no one really wants those bikes because they’re not going to switch up just to keep the bikes for only 2 years. Hell I hope Valentino keeps winning races and championships until he’s fucking 50, that’d be awesome. But I think the longer he’s around the worse it becomes for Yamaha’s long term future.

8. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they listened to Maverick as far as bike direction last year and that's when it all went to shit...

9. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Screenshot_2018-05-25-21-45-09-101_com.twitter.android.png

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How many years developing GP machinery does Mav have? How many does Rossi have? Which one would you listen to?

The Great One and wsmc42 like this.
  11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I think everyone is trying to find the next Marquez.
    Even with a good established rider they are having a hard time, they need to get a phenom before other factories do it.

rcarson15 likes this.
  12. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Does mav have 9 world championships?

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

The more I read there is a real possibility Lorenzo won't have a ride next year....

rcarson15 likes this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That really is a travesty, it's almost like Stoner leaving all over again. I can't remember any other riders in the last 20 years that would leave MotoGP while really still in their prime. He is still capable of world championships on the right team.

I understand he seems to have some issues when everything isn't right, such as on the Yamaha during cold rainy weekends, but he is an amazing talent.

Edit...looks like Toe....nipped me at the line.

16. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

I think the other factor JL has against him seems to be his attitude.

BigBird, rcarson15 and cpettit like this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

worthless likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I may not be a fan of Whore-gay but if he's not on the grid on 2019 that's tragic.

Give him a good bike and he could win races and possibily the championship. Give Rossi a good bike and he sells time shares on the fairing and mopeds in Indonesia.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dorna is going to do something. They can't put on a show that has Simeon in it and not Lorenzo. :D

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    The Great One and SGVRider like this.
  20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Agreed. Dorna will ensure JL99 has a ride.