1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Vintage Classes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 10, 2018.

1. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I like the idea of this. Just add a year cutoff. (make it a floating year cutoff if needed) Also maybe do a little refining for single cylinder vs multi cylinder machines.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Honestly there is no specific number. I can justify some small turnouts no problem if I can combine them with other classes so that the race as a whole is okay - and even some of those are fine if small to use as a break between the bigger classes.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds cool and could be fun but WAY too much work and confusion.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Plan is to work out a tentative schedule today, I'll post it once it's done.

While I'm doing that and to save myself a bunch of reading the rules again - if I keep V2, can 350/500GP and V1 ride up to it and everyone stay legal? I know F-500 can go to V3 and F 2-stroke to V5 so those bikes are covered with at least a place to race.

CharlieY likes this.
  5. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

I like :)

50Joe likes this.
  6. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

You read my mind Joe. Expand rules eligibility for vintage bikes to get into existing classes:D

cajun636 and 50Joe like this.
  7. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

So... gp 350 and 500 and V1 all race as one race against V2 bikes as one race ?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Possibly yes. And yes, I know you object.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I need to go over the specifics but we already allow some of that.

10. Duck150

Whatever...I think you will lose racers, but your call....

11. Duck150

Or... make gp350 and 500 one race group and V1 and V2 one race group and race together....

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We might, I am fully aware of that. But at this point the options are simple - try to be inclusive and chance losing some riders because of combining classes or nuke all of the Vintage classes from V4 down and more than make up for those entries from the modern bikes.

But as I have noted before - we're talking about 6 riders. And while I like those 6 riders and I like the bikes they ride and all of that - I cannot continue to hurt our events overall to try and do things for those 6 riders. And yes, I know those 6 riders (well, at least 5 of them :D ) do not expect that at all.

What is best for WERA is to just nuke a bunch of classes and move on. But that's not necessarily what is best for the sport or for me personally. Luckily I'm allowed to try and balance between those things and try to figure this out without alienating too many riders.

videojack, CharlieY and VFR#52 like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is an option I was looking at that you shot down in the beginning of this thread...

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Make the multiplier 1.5 and I am good (keeps H1's in the 500-750 race where they belong)
    Other than that Well done!!!!

15. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

Yes everyone will be legal. The drum brake guys may be unhappy but overall as far as safety lap times aren’t too awful far apart, except for maybe the fastest guys in V2.

16. mgmark

This makes sense.

17. mgmark

I would be for this. Other than the H1 the other 2-strokes are where they belong. Special dispensation might be needed for singles on a case by case basis.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My only thing against making entirely new classes is trying to keep confusion out of it since we'll be keeping the full separation for VMD. Have to think on that more.

videojack likes this.
  19. Duck150

Guys would like it better, then racing against V1 and V2 bikes, so rather do it all 500gp class....

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

1) Grom Cup & WERA Minis (4 laps)
    2) C Superbike Ex & NV
    3) Formula 1 Expert & Novice, V8 HW
    4) LWT SS, DSB, ESS,V5,
    5) B Superbike Expert & Novice, V7 HW, V8 MW
    6) LWT SB, DSS, FSS,V6 LW,
    7) A Superbike Expert & Novice
    8) Clubman, V6 MW, V4, V3, 500GP
    9) C Superstock Expert & Novice
    10) V6 HW, V7MW,