Weird Al Franken...?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sharkattack, Nov 16, 2017.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Good catch. Might be a compromise position he developed with the other Dems. Pretty smart of him. Help the hubbub die down by making it look like he’s doing what’s expected. Then in a few weeks when new facts come to light and the heat is off him, change his mind. He didn’t give a date for this either.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Newsome, I knew about. But only from watching US programs (stuff like appearances on Maher's show); I've never heard his name from anyone over here. He seemed like a definite candidate at some point in the future. What happened? Who'd he fuck?
    They were also talking about Booker for a while. Has he been involved in a scandal yet?

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

will you let him kiss you goodbye? :D

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's the plan, anyway.
    Btw, nobody has the "moral high ground" here, and certainly not Dems.
    Franken was just sacrificed for the cause.

5. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

While I agree, I would say the perception of the moral high ground is going to be with the Dems, and perception is reality.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

The only ones with that perception are the democrats...

condon66 likes this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I fixed that for you.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  8. SnacktimeKC

And independents.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Just out curiosity...after he gave his speech he was hugged by some of his female co-senators...Wonder if he copped a feel?

10. pickled egg

If you're categorizing yourself as an independent, maybe you're delusional enough to buy this bridge in Brooklyn I've been trying to unload. :rolleyes:

G 97 and BHP41 like this.
  11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Comrade Sanders is cutting right to the end game here:

“We have a president of the United States who acknowledged on a tape widely seen all over the country that he’s assaulted women, so I would hope maybe the president of the United States might pay attention of what’s going on and also think about resigning,” Sanders said, referring to the 2005 “Access Hollywood” tape.

Do they REALLY want Pence as President?

12. SnacktimeKC

I'm a Libertarian, so no I'm not an Independent.

13. Venom51

No...they only want Trump out. That's it. They have no plan beyond that. They only want the slayer of their queen brought to justice as they see it. Simply because they still can't believe they lost.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    condon66 and crashman like this.
  14. SnacktimeKC

You'll never hear me call for Trump to resign. I don't think Trump is far off when he said "Pence wants to hang all gay people".

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's been trying that one since before the election.

I do think it's hilarious that they would all hate Pence even more but I'd bet he scares them less. They have no clue what Trump will do because he's not a politician like them. He doesn't think like they do. Pence, even if he's playing to the public from a different angle, is playing the same game they are. Trump is playing golf while they're playing checkers (or any analogy you like of disparate games :D )

16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I would think that one through but I guess I don't think like a liberal.

Mike Pence would be absolutely ruthless working against the progressive agenda and unlike Trump, he is not a bumbling idiot. He knows exactly how to get things done in DC.

My opinion is this tit for tat calls for resignation strategy is a loser in the end. It relies on Trump deciding to quit and he wont ever, ever do that. You cant use social pressure against a man without normally developed social skills. It just wont work.

17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Newsom boned his campaign manager/best friend’s wife. Homewrecker and betrayer of friends, not a good rep. He survived, kind of. He’s our Lt Gov now under Brown. Is becoming Lt Gov survival though? It’s more like political zombiehood.

If he hadn’t pulled that stunt he’d either be governor of California or a Senator now and on his way to raising big money for a 2020/2024 run at the big ring. The dude had it all. Money, looks, charm, full backing of the Dems to make him a big star. He might still become Governor and eventually get back to his old path, but I won’t wager on that one.

Booker hasn’t been in any scandal yet, but he did make some waves a while back by going against the liberal orthodoxy and showing he had his own brain. Don’t remember what it was over but all the lefties cried for a while. I can’t keep track of what they cry over though, they whine more than my toddler.

They’re probably punishing him. Maybe he’ll recover. An independent thought is something the left considers unforgivable, so probably not though. Soon they’ll be calling him an Uncle Tom. He probably already was called that if we google it.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can't use it against someone who realizes it has absolutely no power is more like it. His social skills are just fine. He can play the game just like any sociopoath can. He just knows the pressure means nothing when he's got the job. And he'll keep the job because he doesn't play into that shit.

19. Venom51

Liberals don't think. They feel.

BHP41 and crashman like this.
  20. pickled egg

Libertarians are logical. You're not.

Turn in your card.

crashman likes this.