1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the road...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jun 1, 2016.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Gotta share this one too.....
    We had a driver deliver to a hospital.
    Leaving he takes out the guard shack
    with his tandems and drags that shit across the parking lot With the guard inside!!!!!
    Didn't hear if guard was injured but sure Cokes gonna pay out the arse for that

Shenanigans, jrsamples and dtalbott like this.
  2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I had a live load in Florida that took 15 minutes to load 26,000 pounds.

Been sitting at this dock in Carolina to unload same trailer for an hour, and they haven't touched it.

Notified my fleet manager, and he said just keep up with the hours for detention pay, and be patient because this place is known for being slow.

ToofPic likes this.
  3. ToofPic

I'm sitting behind Living Good motorsports waiting for my 1st load.
    2 hrs and counting.
    I wish they had something on the dyno so
    I had something to listen to.
    Our Lawrenceville warehouse is located here.

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I don't know how you guys can stand that shit. At our drop, if they are not shitting and getting in 15 minutes, I get a call from the driver. Then its on.
    I hate to hear about that for you.

ToofPic likes this.
  5. dtalbott

I'm getting $20 an hour for playing on the internet. Next load I pick up in the morning and deliver in Florida Saturday morning. Decent miles with lots of time to get there.

Had to pick up a preloaded trailer the other day. It wasn't loaded on time. Got paid $180 for sleeping and picking it up the next morning.

I quit worrying about stuff, as long as I get paid for waiting. It is what it is.

jrsamples likes this.
  6. ToofPic

Yea I'm hourly and drive the same
    Old boring route.
    Gainesville to Lawrenceville
    Over and over . 34 red lights each way and 2 work zones and always crash delays around the mall.
    Most boring driving job ever

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Sounds like you've made the trip a few times... :crackup:

BigBird and ToofPic like this.
  8. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

WTF kind of logic is that? Everyone knows when you see BACKUP lights that means you are BACKING UP. WTF wouldn't truck trailers have backup lights to to let someone know they are BACKING UP?

Backup lights do not help me see where I am going. They just signal to the person behind me that I am BACKING UP!!!! :p

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. dtalbott

Well, the truck and trailer are pretty big, so if you can't see us, you probably couldn't see any backup lights.

Just figure if you see my emergency flashers on, I'm moving in a direction. It's up to you to guess correctly.

beac83 and Banditracer like this.
  10. Mot Okstef

That's just stupid. Backup lights are backup lights. You either have them or you don't. How hard would it be to wire the connectors to allow backup lights on the trailer? I understand it costs money, but what's cheaper? Paying for a multi thousand dollar insurance claim or spending hundreds or less to wire some damn backup lights on a trailer?

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I think it's even more nutty that big trucks don't have backup CAMERAS... I'd hate to drive my "little" Sprinter van without one.

BigBird, badmoon692008 and Mot Okstef like this.
  12. Mot Okstef

People BEHIND you can see the backup lights. I can't even see my backup lights on my truck but at least I know the people BEHIND me can see them and know I am backing up.

BigBird likes this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I question if you know where you are at any particular moment in time. :Poke: :Poke:

:D

Mot Okstef and dtalbott like this.
  14. dtalbott

Not my truck, not my trailer, not my insurance.

And I agree with you.

15. dtalbott

When I used to drive my Isuzu on a regular basis, I had a cheap set of fog lights bolted to the back, wired in as backup lights.

Figured I wanted to see as much going backwards as I did going forwards.

16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Damn, you must have been here at Freightliner.

17. dtalbott

McLane in Battleboro. Three hours to unload.

Shenanigans likes this.
  18. 418

418 Expert #59

You do realize all that shit is going on you and your employers CSA, right? Preventable or not FMCSA doesn't recodnize the difference as far as points, which is stupid.

Let people merge, damn. :D

19. 418

418 Expert #59

I almost ass packed a car on I285 this morning. Dude just HAD to get off that exit though he was over in the left lane. No clue how we didn't make 5 o'clock news but he ended up having to pass his exit or risk having MACK imprinted on his asshole.

20. dtalbott

Please.

I am not helping any car merge anymore.

God help them if I see a damn smartphone in their hand.

I won't help and I won't hinder. Brake or accelerate, their choice.