MotoGP | Gran Premio Motul de la Comunita Valenciana | Spain | 10 Nov - 12 Nov | 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm with Stupid, Nov 6, 2017.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm just gonna leave this here…

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

good. jesus is allowed to do parade laps. everyone else needs to put in work. when they're better than jesus, they can do some parading too.

BigBird and Repo Man 32 like this.
  3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

And the truth comes out. You rate a racer's personality (even though its entirely subjective) as important as results. There is simply no other reason you'd offer up Simoncelli as a deserving person to have taken the Repsol seat in either 2011 or 12. The results speak for themselves. It wasn't all that long ago that the only person winning races and not looking like an ass was Pedo.

From your list, the only guys that would ever make any sense to take that seat are Zarco, Mav or Morbidelli, and they may still yet. Little Dude wins 2 races this year, with the toughest competition ever, and you want to give his seat to Espargaro. Fucking brilliant.

RichB and crashman like this.
  4. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

:whoosh:

I'm OK with 4 since my guy is only 2 years removed from one and if you follow the pattern of the last 6 years, he is guaranteed to win next year.

I will say that if any of the above numbers are your measuring stick you are going to kick a fair amount of talent off factory bikes with MM on a Honda being the road block. When he literally can't crash he may never lose a championship until he decides to. Of course Lorenzo is the only person left that has any shot of knocking him off seeing as he duplicated MM's effort while allowing Dovi by.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  5. Sweatypants

no... there's a hierarchy.

1) winning
    2) money generating
    3) personality (also often tied to #2)

Pedrosa fits none of them. not 1 or 2, but none. hell, even Petrucci got him beat there with #3. give the seat to him.

"you will receive NONE of the commission!"

[​IMG]

there's levels to this shit mannnnn...

BigBird and Mot Okstef like this.
  6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

And Rossi hasn't won a title in 8 years and you're not sure how the comparison can be made?

This is for you Elton :D

[​IMG]

JustaNobody likes this.
  7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Part of me is looking forward to when Vale quits racing. Not because I won't miss him on the racetrack. It's the hangers-on that defy common sense. Sweaty -- there is a reason you don't run a GP team, and even if you could overcome all that, you'd still suck at it.

badmoon692008, Razr and crashman like this.
  8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

It’s a business bro. Honda has their MotoGP business strategy that’s worked out okayish for them. They have the big time #1 that’s supposed to bring home championships and the #2 support rider. Dani is affordable, wins races consistently, challenges for the podium consistently, develops their bike, is marketable enough, shuts his fucking mouth and rides the bike, and keeps Spanish sponsors happy. That makes Honda happy.

No one else has been better ENOUGH overall than Dani for them to dump him. It’s a balance of factors. Sure if Stoner had stayed when Marc came on board Dani would’ve been out of Repsol, but probably been offered the option of a full factory bike on a private team. The number of people who could equal his results is extremely short. The number of people who could equal his results and match all the other pluses has apparently been zero.

Fans have the mistaken impression that MotoGP, fusbol, basketball, whatever are about sport. None of them are. They’re businesses that sell sport as a product, period. Business is first, everything else is second. Dani is still good business for them. That’s all there is to it.

badmoon692008, masshole and Phl218 like this.
  9. Sweatypants

Dani hasn't won a title in....

that's how.

10. Sweatypants

of all these dudes, that's at least a fair assessment. my only retort is: you don't know unless you try. i won't disagree with this statement, but it also makes me wonder how many people never got the chance of a premier bike that maybe could have. came into GP on a piece of shit and faded into existence. you could "what if" all day long, so on some level that's a moot point, but i am SURE that he's not winning a championship, at some point i'd rather try something else. but again you're right, Honda/Repsol obviously doesn't feel that way about their business.

11. 600 dbl are

Repeating the same illogical answer isn't going to make it more logical :moon:

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Eight years, 2010-2017:

Jesus - 12 wins, 0 championships
    Pedro - 23 wins, 0 championships

Must be a comforting thought to Mick Doohan to know that if that aviation thing doesn't work out, he always has a spot waiting on a factory team. :D

Robby-Bobby, crashman and masshole like this.
  13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Don't go bringing facts in here.

Mot Okstef likes this.
  14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Tons of people who could’ve been champion have probably passed through, got overlooked, changed tires, made poor career choices, anything. I understand what you’re saying for sure, but you have to understand the Honda mindset. They’re engineers in an immense corporate bureaucracy. They’re weighing pluses and minuses. They believe in their system and engineering first, and that riders are hired monkeys who they pay to get the most out of the unmatchable Honda engineering. Trading something reliable that gives them what they want for a gamble just isn’t what they do. They’re risk averse. They’re optimizers. They’ll trade in Dani when the guy they want is 99% likely to be a better overall deal.

Could Lorenzo do better than Dani? Quite likely. Do I think Honda would sign him? No. He’d have friction with their star, they don’t need him, he’s an asshole, and he wants too much money. Lorenzo might do better but the dude ain’t a better package deal than Dani.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    BigBird, Sweatypants and ShadowBoxer like this.
  15. 600 dbl are

Damn dude. That's worse than a junk punch...

crashman likes this.
  16. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

7 is known as the number of completion

17. 600 dbl are

I don't think Lorenzo would have any issues with a teammate like Marquez. He already had to deal with the biggest crybaby in the paddock so Marquez would be a cake walk.

JustaNobody likes this.
  18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Hey, fair is fair.

There is a caveat, Rossi's 2 years in purgatory.....

And Pedrosa had ten of those 23 wins during those 2 years. :D

BigBird and Sweatypants like this.
  19. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Living on the Island of Misfit Toys

[QUOTE} Skip Salenius said... Ball Rubbers![/QUOTE] :D

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

JustaNobody likes this.