1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Gran Premio Motul de la Comunita Valenciana | Spain | 10 Nov - 12 Nov | 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm with Stupid, Nov 6, 2017.

1. The big showdown!

2016 Podium:

[​IMG]

Matt kamman likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's not that big...MM93 World Champ
    [​IMG]

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I got Rossi again! :D

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Shocker :D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Cold. Now he has to keep going. :D

6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Dovi FTW, MM for the champeen !

BigBird likes this.
  7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Calling it.

MM93 gets caught in the shit and Dovi goes on to complete the biggest championship upset since 2006.

8. 600 dbl are

I don't see MM being the choke artist that is VR :p

JustaNobody and stk0308 like this.
  9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya. Something bad would have to happen to Marquez for Dovi to win. But we can hope for the choke, can't we?

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Can you really call that a choke when the guy has a history of crashing several times a year, though? It's not like we're talking about a super smooth guy who only crashes when the pressure is on.
    Now, if he chooses to navigate the track quietly in 10th place and crashes by himself, I will agree with that classification. :D

11. 600 dbl are

I would love to see Dovi win the championship, I just don't think it's going to happen. If Dovi wins he only needs to finish 11th I think. MM could easily make that happen by tucking in behind Lorenzo and take the flag. :D

track wagon and The Great One like this.
  12. NemesisR6

I'm not saying he has to choke..........Valencia is a notoriously difficult place to pass (and be passed). The first couple turns/laps will be key, but if he comes away unscathed I think he will bring it home.

Still hoping for the (highly unlikely) upset, though.

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

True. Marquez struggles to keep the red mist under control but he is definitely doing better this year. He does not seem very happy unless he is on the top step though.

njracer and BigBird like this.
  14. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

BS. Watch last years race again. There was A LOT of passing going on in that race.

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Why do I think ( and quietly hope) he won't be doing that?

16. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

Agreed, But all the riders are always mentioning it's a bitch to get by people. BUT these are also the best in the world so just because it's a bitch doesn't mean they're not going to do it :blart:

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Umm... because you've been watching MotoGP for four years or longer? :D

18. NemesisR6

Not saying there isn't passing, just that Valencia's layout makes it a bit more of a challenge to keep it clean, especially when things get crowded.

These guys know what the hell they're doing. I'm just saying if there's a "rating" for tracks that create potential incidents when riders are jockeying for position, Valencia is pretty high up.

19. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Don't tell Marc that - in 2012 he went from last to first

JustaNobody likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well he still only had to pass the field of riders once each. :D