MotoGP | Gran Premio Motul de la Comunita Valenciana | Spain | 10 Nov - 12 Nov | 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm with Stupid, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not talking about at the end, I'm talking about 5-10 laps in when Dovi had to keep letting off to avoid running into the back of Lorenzo.

cav115 likes this.
  2. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Yep, it's totally unfair that they allow faster riders than Rossi to compete with him.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Doesn't say much for a potential world champ who can't pass someone slower does it?

JustaNobody likes this.
  4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I only saw that happen once. It was early in the race (lap 4?) and the onboard showed and commentary talked about reaching out and touching 99. For most all the race, it appeared that Dovi was struggling to stay with Jorge, as evidenced by his bike getting seriously out of shape -- something pretty uncharacteristic for Dovi. One lap he lost the front and the rear within a few corners of each other.

Again, I'm not excusing Jorge's miss/ignore of the instruction, but I simply don't see how it would have made a lick of difference. Dovi was struggling from the git-go to maintain pace, and as soon as the apparent block was removed, 8 turns later he crashed.

And how 'bout some credit where due: Dani ties Doohan for 7th place in all time GP wins (all classes) with 54.

crashman, JustaNobody and BigBird like this.
  5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

AND... ties Mamola and Biaggi for number of premier class championships!

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

That's cute and all, but Dani has been doing this MotoGP thing for a while now on a Factory bike the entire time. It's kind of expected, I guess that he would win once in awhile.
    On the other hand, it's a catastrophe if GOAT 2.0 doesn't win the championship.

7. Sweatypants

and there it is. i don't think there's a person on this forum that would ever say he sucks. that's absurd, of course he doesn't suck. but he's been on arguably the best bike in the paddock for 11 years with no title. MOST people get shown the door after 2 years from a premier team. hell... Nicky Hayden didn't get to keep that seat and he won a championship on the damn thing. i'm not ever saying he hasn't proven himself a worthy competitor and deserving of being in MotoGP... but i can think of a bunch of other people that should get or should have gotten a shot on that bike instead of ol' reliable mr. 4th place. literally any of them (half of them)... zarco, vinales, espargaro, iannone (before haha), morbidelli, luthi, simocelli, elias, etc etc etc...

i mean, are we out to win? or out to do parade laps and occasionally mix things up? as a spectator, i'd rather see somebody at least get a SHOT on the best equipment and then say they weren't worth or couldn't hack it, but maybe it makes or breaks them, than see it just float around for Top 5ers. obviously that's not a shared opinion. any of those dudes could have the potential to shine though i think given the right bike and the right training/mindset.

JustaNobody likes this.
  8. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Jorge's deal was that as long as Mark is in the race I'm going for my best personal result no matter what. I'm not sure the team knew that, otherwise they wouldn't suggest a mapping, right?

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Awesome. Return of the Dani deniers. Its like 2010 all over again.

crashman, Mot Okstef and BHP41 like this.
  10. 600 dbl are

What's the difference?

11. Sweatypants

3x the number of years and zero championships? is that some kind of retarded math joke where math and reality don't exist any more? i don't get it.

(also, Rossi generates more dollars than Dani will ever see in his life time. so not only is he never #1, he's also got the personality of a pet rock... irrelevant to him being a super nice guy or not)

JustaNobody likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

After how many years of not winning the championship should a racer not be hired on a factory team anymore? :D

Robby-Bobby and crashman like this.
  13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

More than 4, but less than 11 obviously. :D

14. Sweatypants

:cool::crackup:

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Does he win races, do well for the sponsors and sell motorcycles in spain?

Wait, that's Rossi. :D

badmoon692008 and Sweatypants like this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's a start. How about 8? How do you feel about 8? Is the magic number below that? :D

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well 8 is a nice even number, but then again so is 4.

18. 600 dbl are

You're gripe is Dani doesn't win championships. Well, neither does Moto GP's lord and savior. Now you want to bring in sponsorship to the equation so you're changing the goal posts in a results driven sport. Since when does a factory team hire on sponsorship dollars alone? A satelite team I get, but the factory squad?

JustaNobody likes this.
  19. Sweatypants

Rossi could buttfuck a goat on his bike naked while cruising into 10th place, and he'd still deserve a place in history and any bike he wants whenever he wants. its the same reason they let michael jordan play professional baseball. you gotta win a few first to get that kinda leeway. when you're the GOAT, you get to do goatly things...

2 years for anyone NOT rossi. marquez is getting close to getting an increased number of years as a cushion, maybe 2 more championships and then he gets his posterboy status. there's too many awesome hungry people out there in the world ready for their shot. 1 year to get acclimated, the next year to show what you got. after that, take a step down and the prove your worthiness again... rise up again with a full heart.

[​IMG]

20. Sweatypants

but like... he's won 7, and come runner up 5 other times. dani has been runner up like twice and never king dick. i don't even know how that's even a comparison of even the slightest justification.