1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rapes and more

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by lrrs517, Oct 10, 2017.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Not sure... but I certainly do not have trouble visualizing you falling down your back yard 100% slope while attempting to mow it.

I think a basic issue here is that rape and assault are a lot more common than a lot of folks tend to realize, and that while there is a gamut of circumstances that cover a large range of misbehaviors from the brutal to the subtle but demeaning, the sheer numbers support a lot of untold stories. What might compel someone to open up after a period of suppression is beyond me, but not unreasonable to think some do.

Like some others here I would think, someone close to me was raped, and it has changed her forever. So, personally, I try to have empathy on the subject.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, because 1xIDB is completely acceptable.

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I've been a bit confused about the women that have come forward claiming that Weinstein called for them to come to his room for a "conference" by themselves when they were under the age of 18. Doesn't that make them minors unable to agree to anything without a parent or guardian? If so, why were they going to his room by themselves?

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

So, with your perfectly working crystal ball and half gallon of truth serum, how do you know that those "number of women" are not lying? :)

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Call Gloria Allred. She'll nail chino to the cross. :beer:

6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with having empathy for the victim. If these victims were raped or assaulted and did not report it then my level of empathy goes low.

Slope is a gradient of a line describing direction and steepness or rate of rise over run, for every 5 feet in a horizontal direction and if the rise is 5 feet then 5/5 = 1 (100 %) and is also a 45 deg angle. A vertical wall has no slope as the denominatior is zero....undefined. But you are correct in that things will roll down both lines.

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That's all on you, man. Might want to talk to some folks to get some perspective. Or not, given, you know, the low empathy bit.

The rest: :whoosh:

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Glad my wife got ahead of the rush in disclosing the abuse she's suffered.

I mean, before meeting me.

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

So these unreported crimes and the failure to stop the sexual predator to continue these crimes is acceptable, no wonder there is so many being just announced. None of it “is on me”, for whatever that means, as I would want to stop any predator from assulting another.

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Empathy, certainly missing around here.... :(

11. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Sexual assault most often happens with trusted people where power differentials exist. Many of the people I have seen both celebrity and personally are describing things that happened to them as minors. Keep that in mind while counting how many times the words "lie" and "liar" appear in just this thread - not to mention many other things that have been said.

If you really do want to catch all the criminals, then the advice about getting some perspective is pretty solid.

12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Stupid advice. My perspective has nothing in this world to do with catching criminals. Victims reporting the crimes would first identify the predator and start the judicial system process, allow the experts to get a better idea of the frequency of the crimes, and hopefully reduce the stigma or alleviate any fears other victims would have in reporting.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Some people never learn.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

And thank sweet baby Jesus for that. :D

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Fake news. "That can never happen."

17. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Liberals becoming outraged about liberals raping.

19. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Gotta give the mentally fucked special rights.

20. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

The most vehement poster of #metoo on my personal Facebook is the worst hypocrite on there for sure. This is the same girl (I've known her for 30+ years) who has sent me unsolicited nudes multiple times via messenger, even though she knows my wife. I want to call her out but fuck it- she has nice boobs.