1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Like the "note pad" had all the dope for shooting the range/elevation..any range monkey can do that.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I wouldn't bust up a toilet if I was the one having to pick up the pieces.
    You think a ceramic knife is sharp? Wait 'til a shard of porcelain slices ya open...you won't even feel it.

According to Mickey Mouse's attorney, "Crazy" isn't grounds for divorce, either.
    Mickey retorted, "I didn't say Minnie was crazy. I said she was fuckin' Goofy!"

pickled egg likes this.
  3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Of course that neglects the many other dictators that confiscated guns then rampaged against the populace. But if you want some made up rule on the internet to rule what you think.... fear_not_denizens.jpg

Phl218 and auminer like this.
  4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Do you guys seriously believe it takes some massive amount of training to bring a bunch of guns/ammo into a hotel room, bust out a window or two and shoot indiscriminately into a HUGE crowd and hit a few of them?? Watch a few movies and you can pretty easily get the idea to set up a hall cam and cover the smoke detectors. Jeez.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Stephen Paddock: Hey bellman, can you help take my luggage to my room?
    Bellman: ...
    Stephen Paddock: I'll make it worth your while.
    Bellman: What room Sir?

6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Nope, I maintain that this was very easy to pull off. I don't get why people think it was complicated. I even posted the DOPE on a previous page here to demonstrate that getting kills from that distance and angle is stupid easy, even for the mouse round that is .223/5.56.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This. Nothing that guy did was spectacular. Anyone who's watched s few movies or played an FPS game could do what he did. The only thing I don't quite get is why he needed 20 guns. Two or three would have been enough.

I wonder if any of the cameras he set up were focused on him during the shooting.

8. blkduc

Exactly, the dude was the ultimate Gray Man...hiding in plain sight. The general public is woefully unaware of their surroundings. How do you get a gripload of guns into a hotel room? Get the fucking hotel to do it for you...it ain't hard.

I've traveled to rifle matches which involves staying in hotels. I don't leave my gear in the truck, just sayin'.

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I would argue this as more evidence that he DIDN'T know what he was doing. Didn't know what he'd need/use, so brought it all.

10. blkduc

Because it's part of the message he wanted to send. ;)

jrsamples likes this.
  11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Sheriff said NONE of the Cameras were "Recording"....so No. was the answer officially.

12. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Wireless cameras hooked to the big screen in the suite? Seems easy enough and keeps an eye on things.

We'll never hear any real details on this thing and sadly, 6 months from now hardly anyone will speak of it....Until there is an election. :(

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

On one hand, that plays into the conspiracy theory, but on the other it follows the rationale that it's best to not make these shooters/terrorists famous, so as not to inspire others.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I didn't say I agreed with them. ;)

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sure, at this point hardly anyone has heard about him.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And yet some people with good credentials disagree with you.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Who, the ones hand picked and paid by the networks? Anyone with half a brain knows there's an "expert" that fits every narrative possible.

There was an "expert", a former navy seal, on FNC hours after the shooting saying the shooter was using an AK-47 because of the cyclic rate. He wasn't.

These guys are just filling airtime and milking tragedy for ratings. Use your brain instead of just believing whatever the magic talking box tells you.

18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Do we have a list of the guns in the hotel room?

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't think so, but every photo leaked shows several different AR variants. I believe the sheriff said something about 556 and 762 versions but I don't recall.

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

A high roller like him and they wouldn't even ask what room, they will know or get the info from the check in desk. It would be more like this:
    Stephen Paddock: Hey bellman, can you help take my luggage to my room?
    Bellman: Of course sir! If there is anything we can do for you to make your stay more comfortable, please let us know.