Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Americans have a notoriously short memory so I stand by my statement, the only people that will be burning tickets and jerseys will be teams with losing records. Those that are going to be in the playoffs will be business as usual. Football is on the downturn anyhow, more in the bar at moms and dads won't let their kids play the sport anymore due to the head injuries that they've been hiding.

So what are you guys going to watch out of curiosity? The taking of a knee is going to happen and baseball, can't help but to think it will happen in college football, NASCAR?

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

So trump continues to tweet about the NFL/NBA and seems to be ignoring Puerto Rico, which is more important right now?

3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

:rolleyes:

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

It's nice to think that everyone will vote with their feet, and ignore that people walk different directions.

5. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Fantastic post, you should write for CNN.

Sorry, that’s not going to work, they have a piece talking about what the President has said and is doing about PR.

Guess it’s hard for some to grasp the idea of waking and chewing gum.

6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You stayed that the only ones not watching would be those with losing teams. Win, lose, or draw, I will not be watching. Your statement is false. Period.

8. dsapsis

I don't see what the problem is. This all got covered back in 1947.

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

OMG, do you actually pay attention to what's happening or do you just go with what Huffpo tell you to go with? Yeah, Trump is ignoring PR:

[​IMG]

Better yet, lets have the Gov of PR give you his take on Trump:

10. SnacktimeKC

Which team is yours? Because I think you're full of it come Super Bowl time if they're in it.

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

And this, right here, is where your whole argument goes to shit. :crackup:

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

I'm sure the NFL will lose some followers, mostly from casual fans and possibly some season ticket holders. The NFL ratings were already showing signs of decline, but considering its coming off an all time high, it's not really a big surprise. A slight contraction seems normal.

The long term effect will be determined on what happens going forward. The Monday night game was a good indicator that teams can still "protest" while not disrespecting the flag or the National Anthem. If the remainder of the players and teams take this approach then I think fans will hang tight and continue to be a part of the NFL. But if they continue to put their focus on the flag/anthem, I think you will see a continued erosion of fan support and participation.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    dtalbott, Funkm05 and SnacktimeKC like this.
  13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I didn't say the U.S wasn't doing anything for Puerto Rico.
    So how many tweets by the president about the NFL compared to Korea or Puerto Rico in the last week? Which is more important?

14. dsapsis

lose, Garth, lose.

G 97 likes this.
  15. SnacktimeKC

Is he a Browns fan?

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Trump got some Puerto Rico tweets in as well...talking shit about them and basically saying we sent enough food & water, they're good. Not good like Florida or Houston, but they shouldn't die now.

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Neither is dude.

I dont measure a man by his tweets. Actions? Yes. Tweets? Not so much.

He took action on NK. He took action on PR. He tweeted about football.

Now you tell me what is more important?

18. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

You guys can bitch and moan about the NFL players taking a knee. Like it or not, they all have the right to do so.

19. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

He shouldn't be tweeting about football.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

I have no idea what you are talking about. :D