Boom: Herrin to Graves SBK

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

awesome news, unfortunate for Cam, but kinda anxious to see what Herrin can do back on Factory equipment!

DucatiBomber likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So, the only rider left with a mathematical chance of beating Elias for the championship now is Porkchop?

3. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Crash into Yosh bikes faster ;)

4. Good thing is at less now the gosh bikes will have blue marks on them vs black: yellow. May save them some money :)

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Well...that didn't go as planned.:crackup:

2blueYam and 5axis like this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

7. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Awesome can't wait to see Herrin at Tony go at it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

This should be interesting. If he does well, that'll make an interesting off-season on who gets the 2nd Graves seat.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm more interested in who gets the Yosh seats for 2018. :D

The Great One, GrayGhost and Steeltoe like this.
  10. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I don't know maybe I'm a bit naive but I would suspect the graves team would sit him down and try to manage expectations a bit. Now that being said once he puts the helmet on it's all up to him.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:
    Someone else must be waving $$ at Toni.

I just watched the PIR round again. Interesting how his riding style has changed so much since those GP days. Maybe he can give Iannone some tips on adapting to different motorbikes. ;)

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't think Toni is going any places but to Suzuki. Probably to WSBK.

Pork Chop and Hayes would be fine with me at Yosh. :D

flyingpig70 and 5axis like this.
  13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Or he could go into torpedo mode again, take out a couple more front runners and pretty well kill any chance of getting anymore factory rides.

14. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Nah swap in Lewis then put McFadden on the M4 1000.

TLR67 and HEF211 like this.
  15. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I love Hayes but unless he pays for it he ain't getting a factory seat past his current contract.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  16. :crackup:

17. Who would replace him?

I love Hayes and have always have. I think he should have been on a Factory bike long before he was.

Yes - he isn't as dominant as he once was, but IMO that is because of Yosh bringing in Elias, Hayden stepping up his game, and Suzuki finally giving them a new/much better bike.

In other words, Hayes hasn't diminished, the others have gotten better.

But, it is sorta like the Pedrosa situation. Who would be a better choice? Hayes is still one of only 4-5 guys who has a real chance of winning on any given weekend. I can't think of anyone that could take his place that would produce better results, and represent Yamaha (and his other sponsors) better.

18. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I think maybe Fong could do the riding part but it would be hard to beat Josh for the second half of that.

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

The only thing Josh will do after his Graves tenure, is enjoy "retirement". No way he's going to another team.

The Great One and masshole like this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Is the Yosh WSBK team rumor more than a rumor at this point? If Yosh USA wins the #1 plate with Toni wouldn't they want to at least run it? They couldn't run the last #1 plate they won with Mladin in 2009 because he retired that year, or the year before because the #1 plate that Spies won in 2008 he took with him to Yamaha WSBK in 2009.