GSX-R 1000 L7 first riding impressions

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

yea man... i had no idea until IoM this year, then i saw the fairings and was like wtf? then i saw HIM in the paddock and was like WTF? sure enough...

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Man that is cool! Him and Keith Flint are all about it.

3. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Isn't that the DJ that basically took over Ibiza party wise and just never left?

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He finally left. Think last year was the end. He was the house guy at Space I think?

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

No idea man. My older brother ran big parties in the 90s when i was in high school and he'd sneak me in, and i just remember him from that time. I got out of any of that in like 2001 when my brother moved away so i lost touch entirely on that scene, the music, the people...

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup, Carl was the resident DJ @ Space in Ibiza from 2001 until 2016 was his last year. There was talk he was gonna retire this year but he's shown up at a few EDM music festivals. It's obscene the amount of money top name DJs make per event.

Last summer I was in Vegas and my buddy was playing BJ in the high limit room at Caesars, across the way Afrojack (he was in rotation at Omnia last year) was playing roulette across the way and we got onto the topic of pondering his usual payment. Apparently every weekend he's in Vegas playing at one of their properties they put the guy up in one of the most expensive suites all expenses paid, and each set he does he gets paid something in the neighborhood of $300K, for a couple hours of hitting play (which is all most of these DJs do these days).

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Brock's has been putting out more vids showing their progress with the bike. Pretty cool stuff. This latest one talk about comparing their RR full system and their drag racing systems to the OEM one. He does the dyno run at the end there with the drag system to show the comparison. Not a bad gain, 189hp with just the reflash and no fuel mapping.

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

He also took a pretty under handed snipe at Akrapovic without having the stones to name them directly.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

hes always played the "little guy" angle...lol. Always some "big" company bully out there for the straw argument. :D
    Oh we only sell what we use... doesnt Ohlins do that? :D

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Probably at Yosh as well. They don't sell alot of their top shelf race systems that only the team has access to. But I think alot of that also has to do with the fact that some of those systems are bespoke design to match the build of the engine and wouldn't really do much better for the typical racer with much milder engine tuning, no?

I don't you can get your hands on the new CF forks they use in MotoGP :D

[​IMG]

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

WTF is with the tape on the radiators?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Restricting air flow for different reasons.

13. Where's the 2 stroke guys? :)

5axis likes this.
  14. [​IMG]

15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Thought it was to protect from debris putting hole in it. That it why it is a thin strip in only the center...where most debris will impact.

vizsladog likes this.
  16. I can't speak for them, but Livengood has put tape on the R6 radiator several times when he thought it wasn't hot enough outside.

17. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

If you have to block airflow, you might as well do it in a way to protect the radiator. On my RS125 that's what I'd do. Vertical strips behind front tire. You haven't lived until you've straightened radiator fins with a screwdriver.

18. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

And it looks conductive...so it can still help get the heat away.

19. Yes you've lived, and without cuts on your knuckles from time to time :)

Dragginass likes this.
  20. No it's just Mylar tape.