I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I just got one for Fathers Day.
    I'm very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

I really wanted a Sig P320 X5 but wanted to try a CZ/Tanfoglio before I bought. Had a hard time finding any in LA, but Magnus Sports in Vegas specializes in game guns and had a great selection. After lots of fondling, I went with the CZ75 Shadow 2 from CZ Custom. Fits my hand perfectly and points very, very well. Craftsmanship is top notch and the DA/SA pulls are uber smooth. Should make competitions much more fun than my stock Glocks.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

First build done. SPR clone sorta. 18" 1:8 White Oak Armament barrel and upper. Noveske keymod handguard / fore end with Larue quad rail on order. Billet M16 lower (open pocket, three selector positions if built as auto). Ambi selector, UTG pro stock - cheap but friggin feels nice. Ergo rubberized grip, CMC 4.5lb single stage trigger for now, Larue 2 stage may or may not go in. Larue rings and Nightforce 2.5-10x by 24 (reissue or original scope).

In for a penny, in for a pound.

Three other lowers ready to build -- Palmetto, BCM, M&P that could use a nicer upper and barrel.

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

love my sig p320C

Looking at a #2 and held the Sig 229. The price seems high but anyone have any experience with it?

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I have the M11 what do you want to know?

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I have a 229 (standard trigger), a 229 (short reset trigger) and a 320. All in 9mm
    Dimensionally, they are almost identical.

I shoot the 320 slightly better than the 229s. The trigger of the 320 is somewhere between the SRT and the Stock trigger feel if that helps you.

Are you looking for 9mm or .40? If you are looking for .40, you can find some good deals on police turn ins..
    Not so sure about deals on the 9mm.

7. Steak Travis

I probably should just shoot one but is it basically a 9mm 1911? I loved how crisp my kimber 1911 was and I was super precise with that. I'd say my p320 is a little spongy but I shoot it really well still but not as well as the 1911.

Looking to try some IDPA stuff

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I would go shoot one, so you can get an accurate feel on the trigger and how it handles overall.
    I've shot my buddy's 1911 Kimber in .45. While his was accurate, I didn't like the ergos and how it felt in my hand.
    I have big hands (size 11 in Held Gloves) It felt skinny to me, compared with the more round feeling of the 229.

9. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Local shop just got a bunch of CZs in. Might have to go snag the 75 SP-01 tactical suppressor ready with night sights for about 590!

rugbymook and terminus est like this.
  10. Steak Travis

I think my held's were 10.5 or 11 or so . Best bet is to shoot one. Well I guess i HAVE to go to the range this weekend!

11. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

A friend has been competing with one and last weekend I got to run some stages with it. It is a great gun and it is now on my want list.

12. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

Haven't fondled one yet, but I still want one for my next lead hoser.

How's the flat trigger?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

It's great. Better pull for me because I have long fingers. I put flat triggers on most of my rifles. I think I'm going to put the flat trigger kit from Bruce Gray in my P320C

14. BJR119

BJR119 Well-Known Member

STI Limited and Apero both in 9mm. like shooting a .22. always a fast and accurate 2nd round on target, quick reloads and just plain sexy. I have a lot of great pistols but none are as smooth and "well-oiled" feeling as my STI's

15. Critter

Critter Registered

I just purchased the shot show edition Marauder and I am selling a dirtbike tomorrow so I might by the DVC open.... Have you shot a DVC Open?

16. BJR119

BJR119 Well-Known Member

I haven't shot the DVC open. but I have seen them used. I know the big thing with that gun other than what you can see (optics, compensator, charging handle) is that it can come in .38 super (or 9mm). I like the limited because of the class but for open class, I would hands down get the DVC open or even look at the czechmate. I have been treated well by both brands

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I LOVE my 229 da/sa ... probably my favorite of them all (other than my stamped slide P220 :D). The newer special models are supposed to be that much better. Mine is probably 10-12 yrs old. My buddy has a 229 Legion and its freakin NICE, but big $.

18. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

Love the Sig P-series, but never could get used to the DA/SA, even after having some nice work done on the action.

Picked up an HK light LEM on accident, and it's been love ever since. HK45ct now for me, although I do love my 686+ and 460 for pig killing...

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Definitely a fan of my M11-A1. Only thing I changed was the thin trigger for a standard Sig trigger. Perfect.

20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I think the 75 SP-01 Tactical is my next carry gun. If not that, then the BD. I dont care for the rail on the bottom of the Tactical, but I like the ambi decocker.

TakeItApart and terminus est like this.