1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Mongo, Jan 7, 2011.

1. punchsponge

punchsponge Well-Known Member

Well, as predicted VMD at Mid Ohio has confused the $%@& out of me. Had it pretty much resolved that Formula 3, Clubman Novice and Formula Singles were my classes last year, but now Clubman Novice and Formula Singles are missing from the lineup. Are my best bump up options really Formula 2 Novice or Lightweight Twins Superbike Novice? Sorry for the hassle; just want to make sure I get it right.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're all the normal WERA classes so not too hard to decipher - what bike do you have?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never mind, went back to the other posts.

The classes from last year didn't have much for the Moriwaki either. It's not Vintage and we're only doing 600 and 1k modern stuff other than Twins.

So F3, F2 Novice, and yeah LW Twins Superbike Novice.

4. punchsponge

punchsponge Well-Known Member

Thanks. Understood. Signed-up. :)

5. Hans Boos

Hans Boos Member

Racing at VMD for my first WERA event (Race in Canada now) and I'll be running a 1999 SV650. Should I run ltwt superbike or ltwt superstock if I am a rookie? I believe my bike is superstock legal... Minimal mods include SS lines, zx10 rear shock, slip on pipe, gsxr bodywork and race tech springs in the forks. Am I allowed to cut out excess wiring? (Wires that went to lights and aren't used) or do I have to keep the entire wiring harness intact? Thanks!

slimjim00 likes this.
  6. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

I don't know about the shock but to be superstock legal you can not alter the wiring harness-i.e. cut it up to take the bulb sockets off, etc

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

SS and SB have nothing to do with your status but with the mods done to the bike. Wiring harness has to be uncut but you can unplug.

8. RyGuy7

RyGuy7 Well-Known Member

I just did my first race at Grattan on 5/5, only raced C- SS on Saturday before having to return home. I am just now realizing that I never had my sheet signed by an official there verifying that I raced. Is that a problem or can I still have it signed for that day?

9. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

send an email to [email protected], its unlikely they'll find this old thread with your question at the end

Oh and congrats on your first race, say goodbye to all your $$$$

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I find all threads :D

Mark down the event and the date on the first line, just don't sign it. When you turn it in after your next event we'll verify it and you'll be fine. Happens all the time.

11. Brian98

Brian98 New Member

Hello all,
    I have been racing lightweight twins in the Northwest the last few years, but may be moving to MI soon. I haven't raced a WERA event since the mid 90's at Vegas! haha
    In 2014 I built a Ducati 748 with a 749 crank that resulted in 657cc. Had a lot of fun racing SV's. Whould like to build another one.
    What would this bike be legal for at WERA/Grattan? lightweight twins? others?
    Thanks,
    Brian

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'd be good in LW Twins Superbike and Formula 2 as well as up to HW Twins Superbike.

13. Brian98

Brian98 New Member

Thanks!

14. Sb polo

Sb polo Well-Known Member

I have a quick question. I am doing a CCS race school at road america at the end of this month. Will i be able to use that completed certificate to present to WERA to obtain my race license? or will i have to apply to CCS and obtain their license and then present my CCS race license to WERA to obtain my Wera license?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hmmmmm, good question. We accept the CCS license as proof of experience so we would accept the school cert as well.

Sb polo likes this.
  16. Sb polo

Awesome thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Sb polo

how long does it normally take to receive race license and number assignment once you have received the application and fees?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Boss does them every Wednesday and usually mailed out that Thursday. It can get pushed back/up depending on our race schedule. I know she has spent the day today getting caught up.

19. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Mongo - quick ?
    Have a SS 600 except that it has an enlarged tank on it for the endurance races? I know that technically makes it not SS anymore, but is it ok to run it with that tank for SS sprint races instead of having to swap the tank? I do have a spare unaltered tank but it seems like alot of hassle & the mod clearly doesn't provide a competitive advantage for a sprint race...just thought I'd check...thanks in advance

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, that's fine. It'll be a performance disadvantage if anything. We've allowed endurance mods in SS in the past.