The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

I've been a F1 fan long enough to remember there was passing in Monaco...

I also remember when drivers were able to execute a pass and the driver being passed gave the passer room to actually not to get their nose sawed off.

DrA5 likes this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Pass....

Just like all the Hyper cars it's overly complex, will be useless as a daily driver and cost too much to justify owning unless you have some serious "Fuck You" money.

4. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

After Alonso's Honda blowing up at Indy and a couple of season's worth of failures in F1, he's got to be developing a real hatred for Honda! I guess at least he was competitive at Indy before the motor shit the bed.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think anybody's buying that to drive on public roads.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I was surprised, it is listed as only having a 31K mile lifetime.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It'll take 20 years to get that many miles on most of them.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Can imagine if Honda tried to bring something similar to market? We'd be talking at least one fewer zero.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Do you think that part of it might be that after hanging out with the Indycar boys, he saw that even though they might not be the most technologically advanced series on the planet, they actually had fun racing and got along with each other on a somewhat normal basis?

If he really quits, I'll bet he heads across the pond pronto and already has a contingency plan in the wings.

Razr likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have a hard time picturing him as a full-time IndyCar driver. Maybe endurance for Le Mans and a few select events to stay sharp Indy? Totally speculating here.

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

So the F1 circus is in town this week. You see a lot of douche mobiles running the streets these days. I even saw the new Acura NSX today.

13. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

"but he's stuck with Honda's unreliable, underpowered power unit in his McLaren, effectively rendering him noncompetitive. That's why he skipped F1's most glamorous race, the Monaco GP, for the Indy 500"

.... where the Honda engine blew up.

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

At least they are consistent.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Honda lost 9 engines at Indy, only 2 during the race, Chevy only lost 2. Honda has won the last 3 races.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did Kimi just get strategized again?

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Patrick Stewart... :crackup::crackup::crackup:

18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

That was hilarious.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Will Buxton is a twat 95% of the time, but dang, he flat out called Checco to his face with some awesome questions that not too many journalists would do.

And I want more Patrick Stewart interviews in the future. Best one outside of when D.C. does it.

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I can't believe he drank out of Hamilton's shoe.