1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible terrorism in Manchester UK?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, May 22, 2017.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Then, you ""turned weapons against US citizens.""

See, I was right.

2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I thought earlier you said his ban was useless, stupid, or both.

3. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

What a show!

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Hey, Torquemada, whaddaya say?

[​IMG]

pickled egg likes this.
  7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well, that's about par for the course in this thread.....lol.....didn't expect to get much out of you either. :D

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

10. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I am sure many of you have heard the statement "Nero fiddled while Rome burned". We, the sheep can get off of our asses and do something about it or it will just keep on burning and the "enemies of civilization" will be taking over the ruins. It is up to us to get it done and to continue to put idiots like Deblasio, Peolosi and Merkel in positions of responsibility and leadership will continue to insure that what is happening will continue.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Likewise, I'm sure! :beer:

Excellent non-response, BTW.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yeah right. What an obvious set up. The president does not control the dissemination of information. This is another attempt to make the administration look out of control. This is so obviously a set up that it's comical.

Here's another example of how Trump needs a good PR team. (before Orvis has a heart attack) He needs to get on top of this ASAP and make public statements calling them out on this nonsense. We have 7 1/2 more years of this so I hope he gets on top of the PR problem quickly.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It isn't the 12th century, so I think we can discount the Inquisition, which I don't believe was mandated by the Bible in any case.

And Canon law, to the extent it is used today, operates as rules for Catholics, which is sort of a necessity for an organized religion.
    Those rules don't supersede civil and criminal law, and the Catholics have no presence in the court system last I knew.
    That is not the case in Muslim countries, where the church is the official government legal authority, as it is all authority in Muslim countries. Under Islam, the church is the government is the law. There is no secular law.
    Here we have secular government law. There are no Catholic courts.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

At some point you've missed the point I made about the evolution of religions. Islam is in about the same place that Christianity was in the 12th century, both in a timeline view and in how much the religion affects the daily lives of its followers. Virtually everything you say about Islam, could be said of middle age Christianity. It's almost like kids - there's a time, when they're around 15, that we'd love to strangle the life out of them on a daily basis, but eventually they grow up and become relatively decent people.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I keep seeing people compare where Christianity was in terms of timeline vs Islam. Pardon me, but that is pure unmitigated BS. IF there were zero contact with the rest of the world and information still traveled at the speed of smell, you might have a point.

cav115 likes this.
  18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I agree that with the modern tech the timeline should move faster, but there are just too many parallels for it to be BS. You also have to consider that both have tenets requiring expansion - Christian missionaries coming to the new world aren't much different than Muslim immigrants to Europe. The Christians pretty much killed everyone that didn't convert...

19. In Your Corner

And you are missing that what I am saying is that Islam is not changing or growing into something modern.
    Not to mention you haven't explained this massive lag in joining civilization that affects Muslims.
    That's because the explanation is that it is Islam that keeps them in the 11th century. Islam is not morphing into something more user-friendly; quite the opposite.
    Isis is an example of true Islam, they closely follow Mohammed's word and live as he lived.
    Your problem is you are looking at Islam as a religion and it isn't.
    It's a totalitarian system masquerading as a religion.

20. In Your Corner

Which Christian missionaries? The Spanish, who did nothing but "explore", conquer, steal, rape and kill?
    Not really an example of true missionaries.