1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible terrorism in Manchester UK?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, May 22, 2017.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I was actually serious.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. The us vs them chasm on both sides of the "thin blue line" and stoked by the media every chance they get grows wider every day.

I truly believe most police forces would toe the line and quash any civil uprising like good little brownshirts.

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Dude, you are about to get buried in an avalanche of bold, coloured italics.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The second part. Islam currently plays a much larger role in the ME political world than Christianity does in the western world.

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You were, so again I ask.... Which "over-militarized police force" has shown this??? I must've missed it.

5. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

that is because islam includes a political system and Christianity does not.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That would make sense since Islam is a form of government. True Muslims recognize no secular government.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Did your weapon ever leave your holster on the job?

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Catholicism does, and for a long time, all Christians were Catholics

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They recognize government, just not that its authority is above the religion.

10. In Your Corner

In other words, they don't recognize the authority of that government, so it does not govern them.
    I'm sure they know of the existence of governments.

11. In Your Corner

That's a ridiculous statement. I was brought up Catholic and there is no equivalent of sharia law in Catholicism.

sheepofblue likes this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Sure they do, as long as it doesn't supersede religious law. They recognize speed limits and stuff just fine.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If you were brought up Catholic then you know the history of the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church was virtually the only government for hundreds of years in Europe and Western Asia.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not exactly...monarchies still existed.

15. In Your Corner

Which does not equate to what you are claiming. There is no Catholic equivalent of Sharia law.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yes, it has, numerous times. Now, your answer?

17. In Your Corner

Ever shoot a black guy?

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Where are they the other 51 Sundays? :Poke:

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I'm just glad the cop scouting traffic from the lot at my shop didn't jump out guns blazing when I pulled out of the shop pulling the boat behind me...

Cuz the dipshit would have had a hard time explaining why he jumped out of his car with it still in reverse. :crackup:

20. In Your Corner