1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Nicky

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, May 22, 2017.

1. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Godspeed, Nicky.

2. b-sav

b-sav Well-Known Member

It's been awhile since I've been on the bbs, but the news of Nicky's passing today brought me here tonight. I never met Nicky in person, but he came through the AMA ranks while I was getting started in racing and I always admired his riding and more importantly, his professional and kind demeanor off the track.

His passing today really hurts, but all the tributes I am reading from you all show how much he inspired so many of us. R.I.P. *69

3. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Makers 46 on tap - a classy Bourbon for a racer with class....

03RumbleBee likes this.
  4. RyanDCramer

RyanDCramer Well-Known Member

Red bubble has the 69 star stickers for like 4 bucks a piece.

sill'r B sill'd and turbulence like this.
  5. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Cheers to this kind, engaging, funny young man off the track and a serious competitor every time he set foot on a track - from being a youth in the sport to being at the pinnacle.

The world is a lesser place without him, but we should push forward and strive even higher in his memory and in his honor.

Cheers to Nicky. Cheers to the others that have gone before him. Thank you for making this sport great.

I'd love to see a Nicky Hayden Racing Academy...

6. RyanDCramer

RyanDCramer Well-Known Member

Basil Hayden's here in Detroit

03RumbleBee likes this.
  7. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

RIP man. You have always been my racing hero!

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Woodford's Reserve in Seattle.

RyanDCramer likes this.
  9. lrrs_311

lrrs_311 Member

The world lost a wonderful person today. I feel awful for his fiancé and family. All week I hoped that his condition would improve. Never regret or complain about growing old, it's a privilege not everyone gets.. Rest In Peace Nicky.

turbulence likes this.
  10. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

thanks! just ordered.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

RIP to a great racer and an even better human.

Tough news to digest :(

12. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

I think I created my signature line in 2005 or 2006. Nicky has been an inspirational human being to me, regardless that his success was in racing. It's that it was in racing that I'm aware of because it's the sport I follow. But it's heartbreaking because he was so easy to respect.

lazlo and badmoon692008 like this.
  13. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

Don't post much ...we have been watching/reading this thread, gutted, saddened...Nicky was one of a kind, a racer's racer as my dad says...

Condolences and wishes of peace to his family, friends... how can it be.. but it is.. we watch videos and remember a great racer and person, thankful for the epic memories and battles.

Time to break out the Tyrconnell whiskey (straight from the island) and toast to Nicky. Thanks Nicky...Ride easy Racer, rest in peace.

Mike

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

RIP Nicky, and thank you for so many thrilling moments. I was thrilled to be at VIR when you won your Superbike Championship. I wasn't going to miss that moment for anything, either.
    I choked up when you won at Laguna, and when you sealed your Championship at Valencia in 2006.

The 4 times we met, thank you for being so gracious and mugging with me for a photo, signing my posters/hats, and answering my questions.

My moments with you were absolutely priceless to me. Thank you for those few precious moments of your time.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

16. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

He was the cool kid when I was young that inspired me to race. An rc51 was the first bike I did a track day with. He was a badass on that thing. Sad night. RIP. In Cuba so defenitly a stiff Havana Club Reserve. Cheers Nicky

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

RIP #69. I don't have the words.

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Nicky had a lot more races and championships to win. I'm sad that future Haydens will never meet their Uncle Nicky, and that he won't go on to have his own children as he surely would've in a few years. He was an incredible person who had so much more to give the world.

I never met the man, but I always admired him not only for his amazing talent, but more so for his wit, grace, and humility. The world is a much worse place without him. RIP Nicky.

lrrs_311 likes this.
  19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Really wanna track one of these down all the more now.....

[​IMG]

scottn, Rising and RedReplicant like this.
  20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Damnit, even the alpinestars.com page got me.

dantheman likes this.